• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

640 says white cartridge is out of ink, but it isn't

toyrobot

For several days now, the machine is reporting that it's out of white ink, but the cartidge is almost full. I've removed and replaced it several times, tried cleaning it, reset the machine etc. but it just keeps beeping and saying it's out of white ink. I don't know where to go from here, the machine won't let me do anything else.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Did you try calling your tech or the place where you bought it for assistance ??

toyrobot

Did you try calling your tech or the place where you bought it for assistance ??

Yes, they can't get here till a week from today. But it may be something simple that I'm overlooking. Wondering if anyone here had had the same issue and what they did to fix it.

Davidford7

If you have a cleaning cartridge you can put it in and see if it's the cartridge or the machine. The printer does not know that its not white.

toyrobot

If you have a cleaning cartridge you can put it in and see if it's the cartridge or the machine. The printer does not know that its not white.

Alright, I just tried that and it didn't fix the problem, so apparently it's not the cartridge that's at fault

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I feel your pain. Recently, our one printer was slowly dying. Some carriage cable or another was possibly shorting out and the tech couldn't get here until early this morning. So, we've been limping along and had basically a complete shut-down last week. The wait seemed like forever, but we managed.

Good Luck !!