• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

69 Camaro Stripes

SqueeGee

A couple of years ago, I made some stripes for a 69 Camaro. I traced exactly what was on the car, scanned it in pieces, reassembled the scanned images in Corel and then redrew them. I cut the vinyl on some scrap material, test fit, made slight adjustments for where it was off and repeated until I had it just right. Once the car was repainted, we put the stripes on and away she went. Attached is a jpg of the stripes that I created.

Now my father-in-law is doing a similar project and he wants me to run the stripes for him. The problem is that the stripes that I set up weren't perfect and symmetrical from one side to the other. I think they were laid off by hand and painted during a previous restoration. My father-in-law, however, is a pretty "perfect and symmetrical" kind of guy(as am I) and I'm reluctant to just run him what I did so my question is: Is there somewhere that I can find(purchase) the vectorized version of these stripes so I don't have to go through the whole scan and redraw thing again?

Attachments

• stripes.jpg
    stripes.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 200

SqueeGee

I found that also (corrected link: http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/gm/cam0005.htm) but was concerned about their description of contents:

4 Fender stripes front (L & R)
2 Fender stripes rear (L & R)
2 Door stripes (L & R)

which would appear to suggest that the front fender stripes are in two pieces?

Also, they don't list the sheen or manufacturer of the vinyl they use. I'd like to know that we're getting 3M and my father-in-law has requested satin. I told him that we can do matte or gloss without laminating so I think he'll go with gloss.

SqueeGee

The more I think about it, I'm just going to pick one side that I've already setup, mirror it, and go with it.