Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

69 Camaro Stripes

Discussion in 'Vehicle Graphics' started by SqueeGee, Feb 4, 2010.

1. SqueeGee

SqueeGee Active Member

May 27, 2005
    A couple of years ago, I made some stripes for a 69 Camaro. I traced exactly what was on the car, scanned it in pieces, reassembled the scanned images in Corel and then redrew them. I cut the vinyl on some scrap material, test fit, made slight adjustments for where it was off and repeated until I had it just right. Once the car was repainted, we put the stripes on and away she went. Attached is a jpg of the stripes that I created.

Now my father-in-law is doing a similar project and he wants me to run the stripes for him. The problem is that the stripes that I set up weren't perfect and symmetrical from one side to the other. I think they were laid off by hand and painted during a previous restoration. My father-in-law, however, is a pretty "perfect and symmetrical" kind of guy(as am I) and I'm reluctant to just run him what I did so my question is: Is there somewhere that I can find(purchase) the vectorized version of these stripes so I don't have to go through the whole scan and redraw thing again?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. American & Proud

American & Proud Member

Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  3. SqueeGee

SqueeGee Active Member

May 27, 2005
    I found that also (corrected link: http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/gm/cam0005.htm) but was concerned about their description of contents:

4 Fender stripes front (L & R)
    2 Fender stripes rear (L & R)
    2 Door stripes (L & R)

which would appear to suggest that the front fender stripes are in two pieces?

Also, they don't list the sheen or manufacturer of the vinyl they use. I'd like to know that we're getting 3M and my father-in-law has requested satin. I told him that we can do matte or gloss without laminating so I think he'll go with gloss.

4. SqueeGee

SqueeGee Active Member

May 27, 2005
    The more I think about it, I'm just going to pick one side that I've already setup, mirror it, and go with it.