• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

6mm ACM or 5mm AlumaCorr?

Just wondering, but isn't that sign facing the wrong direction...... home plate is the other way....... or is it double sided ??

EDIT: Oops! I was scrolling through and reading so fast I completely misunderstood what you said. For some reason I thought you were referring to the ball diamond incorporated into the design. Yes, it's double sided.

Last edited:

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
I hope they at least paint the posts white, the wood color detracts from the good work you did, IMO. I hate situations like these, where you can do a great job only to have someone not appreciate it and f it up. I'm actually dealing with the reverse right now, which is strange and even more frustrating.

I hope they at least paint the posts white, the wood color detracts from the good work you did, IMO. I hate situations like these, where you can do a great job only to have someone not appreciate it and f it up. I'm actually dealing with the reverse right now, which is strange and even more frustrating.

I agree. Paint would be so much nicer and far more elegant, but I guess I shouldn't assume they're not painting them. They very well may paint them eventually and are perhaps just letting the posts weather a bit first, which never hurts. I guess time will tell.

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
I agree. Paint would be so much nicer and far more elegant, but I guess I shouldn't assume they're not painting them. They very well may paint them eventually and are perhaps just letting the posts weather a bit first, which never hurts. I guess time will tell.
Hell, why not offer to paint them at a huge mark up?! You can do it!

Edit: Take it as a No taste, No Skill, No Care, Tax. If they don't own - they don't question invoices, most often.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
We used 6mm ACM and the city workers made a pretty up to snuff frame to put it in. We had hella high winds rip through here yesterday and it's just fine. It's so ironic that you brought this up because they just got it put up about three weeks ago and I finally got around to driving out to the park to get a photo of it, then came home and saw this post. You stalking me, Gino?

They did a good job getting the border to line up with the wood so well.