• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

6mm aluminum composite material

tverdin

Im looking for a fairly specific material here, I need a 6mm aluminum composite material such as dibond or epanel that is black on one side and white on the other. sheet size is some what up in the air. 4x8, 4x10, 5x10 anything like that. the biggest things are it HAS to be 6mm, it HAS to be black/white, and it needs to have a fire rating. any suggestions? I know I can paint, and I know I can glue 2 pieces of 3mm together, but im trying to save time. come on guys help me out here. Thanks in advance.

FatCat

Very much doubt you'll find anything black on one side and white on the other in 6mm. Just buy a sheet of 6mm MaxMetal from Grimco (white both sides) and paint one side black. 20 minutes of your time and either a can of black spray paint or roll it on.

Done.

tverdin

thats great for a 1 time shot but our shop rate is well over $100 an hour and Im cutting lots and lots of sheets of this stuff. we have been using the 3mm dibond white/black and gluing it together but thats very time consuming as well. not sure what the right answer is here.

FatCat

Hard to say how much you're going through, but if you're buying enough to buy a skid at a time your best bet might be to sub out the painting to a body shop or similar? This way you don't tie up your shop time and you're using someone that is already setup with the facilities that may warrant a much cheaper price than doing it yourself. Add that to the raw cost per sheet and voila.

If you're buying even more than that, then you may want to talk to your distributor to see if the manufacturer may be willing to produce it the way you need it.

Either way, I'm just not aware of anyone offering the 6mm in anything other than 1 color both sides.

Mosh

I am looking for some sheets that already has the lettering on it. I am doing so many if they were already lettered it would save me so much time....

tverdin

we could buy 50-75 sheets at a time but so far the manufacturers arent interested. Paint is an option but one id like to stay away from. Paint scratches alot easier than buying it black/white. plus then you add time for handling because your avoiding scratching. I guess its a lose lose for me. we will continue to buy double of the 3mm and glue them together. thanks for the advice.

Tommy Verdin

www.verdin.com
170 years in the business