• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

700w alternatives ?

artofacks1

I’m having a lot of problems with my 700w that is about 5 weeks old. It’s been down all week and I been struggling getting an HP tech here and quite frankly I want the machine replaced.

Is there an alternative that does white ink? I really need the white ink as we use it a lot on clear adhesive for helmet decals.

artofacks1

Mimaki UCJV-300
Canon Colorado M

Just out of curiosity, what issues you got?
That machine has been down all week and HP isn’t being very easy about replacing it. They admitted that the machine has giving me so many problems that it’s best to be replaced. Imagine all week with out being able to print on it. I’m losing money :(

My only concern with the UCJV-300 is odor and if I can laminate as I make helmet decals and they have to be thick.

Splash0321

Professional Amateur
I have no advice but am in a similar situation. I replaced my first 700w 11 months in. The second one (a replacement for the first one) is only 6 weeks new and has been down for over a week. Each time the 700w goes down I end up losing around 2k a week in business and also suffer loss of potential repeat customers.

I’m having HP take this back and refund me. I’m interested in hearing the alternatives as well.

axelmk

The Canon M3 or M5 are in a different league price-wise, but the quality and speed seem to be fantastic
Cost of ink seems pretty interesting if you have the volume.

cornholio

There is no alternative for the thin, opaque and stretchable latex white...
The early HP 700/800 are a Royal PITA... I know, I service them.
Have the enhancement kit installed and give it a chance.

dasigndr

Premium Subscriber
There is no alternative for the thin, opaque and stretchable latex white...
The early HP 700/800 are a Royal PITA... I know, I service them.
Have the enhancement kit installed and give it a chance.
what is the ENHANCEMENT KIT?

stickerhed

I’ve had mine for 2 years. It’s been down for over a week now. Lucki have other printers or I’d be screwed. I did get an epson s80600. It prints waaaayyy better. But it smells and you have to outgas for 6 hours before lamination. But the colors are in a different league. All the colors look like solid colors. No graininess. It’s amazing.

ToTo

Professional Support
what is the ENHANCEMENT KIT?
Hp created a huge box with a lot of parts known to break frequently. Ink tube system, substrate axis, scan axis, air circulation, and so on. Even after warranty the parts and the replacement is free of charge. Check out with your service provider.

bigben

I have my 700w since January 2022 and did not had any real problems other than maintenance. My last printer was a L260. We use the white ink alot but sometime we could be up to 2 weeks without using it. So the printhead storage is a good thing for us.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
you should see if HP will take the unit back. The Colorado M 5 Pro with white is phenomenal. Expensive, but the ink costs are still low and the speeds are great. Printing two layer (white then color) we clocked it at 108sf/hour . When you aren't printing white, the machine, as everyone knows, flies. You'll get consistent color week after week, too. Lastly - if you are in a populated area of California near a service office, you 'll usually get same or next day on-site service if/when you need it.

nolanola

I’m having a lot of problems with my 700w that is about 5 weeks old. It’s been down all week and I been struggling getting an HP tech here and quite frankly I want the machine replaced.

Is there an alternative that does white ink? I really need the white ink as we use it a lot on clear adhesive for helmet decals.
Hello. How's your communication with HP going? We have a ton of troubles with our 700w and HP representatives that I get to talk to every two weeks are not being very helpful.