• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help 70s/Mexican Restaurant Font

I can't seem to find what font this is. I've tried looking up the style itself but I'm coming up with nothing. Can anyone ID this for me please?

As always,

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 549

Billct2

Yes, hand drawn, we did a lot of that in the 70s. Loved those casual designs where precision didn't count.

I did a search and didn't find one, but there is a font out there that looks similar. I see it used on menus.
I'm torn between thinking it's a font and thinking it's not. If you look at the other images online of the logo the E's are exactly the same, I can't quite get an image good enough to easily trace it. We're super swamped so I just don't have the time I'd like to take to recreate it. I found one that was close but not close enough, MPI DeLittle. I sent them a sample and explained that if they don't have their artfiles we're going to have to go with a different font. :(

bannertime

If you look at the other images online of the logo the E's are exactly the same

That could be the result of the designer being "lazy" and duplicating the first "E" they setup. I do it when tracing custom text. I'll use the E to build a bunch of different letters.

Last edited:
That could be the result of the designer being "lazy" and duplicating the first "E" they setup. I do it when tracing custom text. I'll use the E to build a bunch of different letters.
I hear ya, I've done that on a few occasions. I feel like there has to be a file out there somewhere, how do all these restaurants have the same logo, do they seriously have someone recreate it every single time one opens!? That's crazy!

BKBRO

I can't seem to find what font this is. I've tried looking up the style itself but I'm coming up with nothing. Can anyone ID this for me please?

As always,

THANK YOU!!!!!!!
These are definitely letters created manually, not a typeface. The letterforms are somewhat evocative of Davida Bold (available in a number of type libraries, including VGC and Letraset during the seventies and eighties).