• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

750 H/S plus

Gino

Premium Subscriber
We have a 750 H/S plus plotter.

The knife seems to be cutting on ever so slight of an angle. The key for lining up the blade has turned a little [I guess from years of use]. I know there is some sort of code to punch into the key pad that allows this key to line up properly again. It’s just been so long and I don’t remember it anymore.

Does anyone know of these codes or does anybody know of a ‘Gerber’ support number. When we ask for ‘Gerber’ direct, they don’t support that old of a model anymore. The thing is a workhorse and a half and I want to keep it going.

Any thoughts will be greatly welcomed…..

Gino

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm not aware of any code to align the blade to home if that's what you are talking about and I am only familiar with the previous series of Gerber plotters before they added the + feature ... so take these instruction with a grain of salt. The easiest way to do this is:

• Unplug the machine and remove the end covers
  • Turn the toolhead to locate which parts are moving and follow it back to a collar clamp
  • Plug in the machine and turn it on. It will rotate the blade and toolhead to it's home position.
  • Using a hex wrench, loosen the collar clamp. Rotate the toolhead to its home position, which is precisely where it would be to make a clean cut on the X axis and with the vinyl moving through the plotter from feed in to feed out.
  • If you lower the toolhead to where the blade will cut vinyl and manually turn the drum, the blade will very quickly find its home position.
  • Tighten the collar clamp.
  • Run a test cut to see if it works okay. If so, unplug and replace the covers.
Things to check before you go through these steps:

Is your theta belt missing any of its gears or very loose? The theta belt is what turns the tool head. If this belt has missing teeth, order a replacement from your GSP dealer. Once you have installed it, you will then need to set the home position as listed above.

Is your plotter clean and has it been lubricated?
Lack of lubrication is the most common cause of malfunctions with all the older Gerber plotters. There is a standard maintenance procedure in all the books I've ever gotten with GSP plotters. The main thing is to wipe all shiny shafts with light oil and to add one drop every six months to the bronze oilite bearing inside the toolhead.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
My old HS15 plus had the same problem but my clamp was broken. I don't remember if I downloaded the instruction from Gerber's site or they sent it to me but it was available from them and quite easy to fix.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
This might help even though it's a different model. Go to page 56 for a step by step Theta axis adjustment.

Attachments

• hs15plus.pdf
    217.2 KB · Views: 373

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thanks... it's different from the 750, but we'll try it tomorrow. That's exactly the problem. Now to perform surgery. I'll need a few extra :beer :beer to steady me in the morning. I usually don't start [drinking] before 8:45am, but guess I'll have to make a sacrifice in the name of.... of..... of..... oh, I guess 'plotter land' will suffice.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thank you Fred, Mike Paul and the Plotter Doctor. We did what Fred said, what Mike had written in the manual and what Jim said over the phone to us.

My bad, there is no code to do this from the console, but everything is back up and cutting at 100%.

This place is definitely the most butt kickeningest place on the net !!

:beer :beer... for everyone on me !!!

kevinmac

Theta belt Sprint 2B /Any Helpful Hints?

First time to post . . .

Have a Gerber Sprint 2B.
Any helpful hints when replacing the worn out theata belt.
Seems to be a snug fitting belt. Had no issues removing, but
it looks like it could be a little harder putting a new one back on.

Thanks,
Kevin
SignWriteHere

:thankyou: