• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

79:04 Error On L26500

danno

OK, error code nothing new. We changed all print heads this morning and the machine will not print internal or from RIP. I have upgraded to the latest firmware to see if that would help. Machine starts fine. Looks great sitting in the shop. Just don't ask it to print. Any ideas? Yes, we have owned it since new.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
From what I am seeing (after searching around for 79:04 solutions), my best guess right now would be to try reinstalling the firmware. Sounds like something went wonky.

Last edited:

danno

UPDATE - Firmware install went fine. Redid print head replacement and all is well. Thank you.

chuppy

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if anyone has experienced 79:04 issues upon startup? It states that I have to reboot the printer but I've done it a couple of times and still the same error 79:04 pops up. I can't even get into the main menu because of this error. I've only successfully booted this thing up in the diagnostics mode but whenever I try to run a test for any electrical component, it shows the 79:04 error almost immediately after the test starts. I've switched out the power supply with a new one as well as a new hard drive. Anything missing here? Thank you