• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

8" Panel Saw Blades?

gwestitown

I recently bought a used panel saw and I'm having a hard time finding 8" circular saw blades for it. Also what blade do I need to cut 1/2" PVC boards. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

gwestitown

saw blades

I've been to Home Depot, Lowe's and no one can seem to find 8" blades or they don't call back. I've searched online but can't figure out which one will cut 1/2" PVC plastic boards - I don't know what tooth count to ask for for the 1/2" plastic boards.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I just googled it and all kinds of 8" blades popped up from Milwaukee to Forrest and more. What size arbor is the trick question.

Billct2

Check out the manufacturers website, they usually have them, and you can then get the spec to do a search for other sources if you want.
I have found them from a variety of online sources and ebay, it helps if your search is specific.

Zambookajoe

I just bought a 10 foot panel saw from a cabinet maker and he recommended to me to use a "triple chip blade" wow first time I used it .

Cuts like butter and makes a perfect edge on every thing I cut. coroplast Pvc Krezon Alumacore , whatever it just cuts perfect. but they are 100$ bucks a blade.

Mosh

Home Depot, Lowe's? I said lumber yard not do-it-yourself junk store. Those places for the most part carry only low end stuff for people out to save money. Try a real yead or tool shop.

d fleming

I just bought a 10 foot panel saw from a cabinet maker and he recommended to me to use a "triple chip blade" wow first time I used it .

Cuts like butter and makes a perfect edge on every thing I cut. coroplast Pvc Krezon Alumacore , whatever it just cuts perfect. but they are 100$ bucks a blade.

+1 triple chip blade, I've only replaced mine once in ten years. Got the replacement from safetycut. They are expensive but if used propery they last. Most people who go through blades quickly are trying to force a cut instead of letting the tool do the work.