Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

80% Blow through mesh banners

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by the graphics co, Jan 22, 2014.

1. the graphics co

the graphics co Active Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Gurnee, IL
    Is anyone using this, i have a client that is adamant about using 80%+ for their concert speaker mesh. I haven't seen this or heard of anyone using it before they started raising the issue yesterday. any help would be appreciated. Also if there are any merchant members that have the production capabilities and the material in stock that would be great.

Tags:
  2. Typestries

Typestries Very Active Member

Jan 8, 2007
    NJ | VT
  3. Charlie J

Charlie J Very Active Member

Oct 1, 2006
    Midwest
    I've also used 70% mesh over speakers at a concert. It worked fine.

4. the graphics co

the graphics co Active Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Gurnee, IL
    I have always used 70%, i am familiar with speaker scrim as we do a decent amount of it, not being familiar with 80% i was just wondering if anyone had any experience with it or had heard of it as i have not. (sorry for the run on) the band manager is being a demeaning a** to my client saying they are obviously uneducated about banners if they don't know about 80% blow through. I just think he is jerking my client around and doesn't know what he is talking about.