• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

8000-130 registration marks

Bingham Signs

I know there has been discussion of Graphtecs reading registration marks poorly.

I have had mine for a year now after 16 years using an older model.

Just got it back from shipping under warranty for the motherboard gone bad and now it won't read the first registration marks.

ANY SUGGESTIONS other than get a different brand?

Dennis422

Contact Graphtec.

I think that you might get the answer there. It must be something that is turned off.
I have 8600-130, no issues with reading marks whatsoever

Bingham Signs

I've contacted both my salesman and Graphtec. Waiting to hear. I called the salesman Friday and still no call back. Just sent an e-mail to Graphtec. Wish they would have had the newer model available 6 months earlier than when you purchased

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
When you replace the main board the sensor calibration needs to be done or you won't be able to read registration marks. I had to do the same thing on an FC7000. Unfortunately I can't remember how to get into service mode on that model but there is a sensor calibration mode that will automatically adjust the sensitivity of the sensor. Maybe someone on signs101 knows how to get to that?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I would defiantly call the warranty center and see if they have any ideas. Obviously they haven't finished fixing the issues.