• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

80600L

toodark

Just had our new Epson setup and for the life of me I can not find a generic ICC profile. Who develops a good ICC profile. I am not strong in that arena nor do I have the correct equipment at the moment. we have the couple I found are only CMYK and not taking advantage of the full color set of this printer. Any advice on someone who can develop a decent ICC profile for me?

yannb

Hi, all the media profiles you download for this printer with Edge Dashboard are CMYK. Right after the ripping process the Epson halftoning libraries convert CMYK to all 9 colors.

HaleYeah

What are you using for your rip? I have it set to use the embedded ICC profiles. Assumed input source profiles set to (RGB) Adobe RGB 1998 / (CMYK) U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) / (GRAYSCALE) U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2.

toodark

What are you using for your rip? I have it set to use the embedded ICC profiles. Assumed input source profiles set to (RGB) Adobe RGB 1998 / (CMYK) U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) / (GRAYSCALE) U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2.
Sorry. Meant to add. flex using is the RIP I’m using

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
It may help to know the EpsonWideCMYK_Ver2.icc is not an "input" class profile but an "output" class profile, and is designated as such when inspected. However, one may certainly use it as a working color space for their designs and thus it could be considered "input" to a RIP to be honored or not, depending upon color management settings to do so.

Understand the profile is specific to Epson's wide color space they've created from, and for, their certain machines. To be the most accurate, machines in the wild will need to be calibrated close to what Epson used at the time they created the profile.

When one is creating designs in CMYK mode, the CMYK profile used as the working space is tantamount to working in the destination printer color space. CMYK profiles are output profiles and represent printers with the same calibration and gamut.

A question becomes; "What if I have other destinations for my designs besides my EpsonWideCMYK machines?"

Most people know the answer which is to create designs in a wide gamut RGB space and put color management to use everywhere.

Attachments

• grabProfileInfo.jpg
    grabProfileInfo.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 186

yannb

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 21.18.48.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 21.18.48.png
    810.2 KB · Views: 191
  • Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 21.19.20.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 21.19.20.png
    313.7 KB · Views: 173