Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

80600L

Discussion in 'Epson' started by toodark, Jul 8, 2020.

1. toodark

toodark Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Minot, ND
    Just had our new Epson setup and for the life of me I can not find a generic ICC profile. Who develops a good ICC profile. I am not strong in that arena nor do I have the correct equipment at the moment. we have the couple I found are only CMYK and not taking advantage of the full color set of this printer. Any advice on someone who can develop a decent ICC profile for me?

Tags:
  2. yannb

yannb Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Belgium
    Hi, all the media profiles you download for this printer with Edge Dashboard are CMYK. Right after the ripping process the Epson halftoning libraries convert CMYK to all 9 colors.

3. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    Also get the Epson wide gamut input profile - you'll notice a difference.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HaleYeah

HaleYeah Member

Apr 17, 2020
    Iowa
    What are you using for your rip? I have it set to use the embedded ICC profiles. Assumed input source profiles set to (RGB) Adobe RGB 1998 / (CMYK) U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) / (GRAYSCALE) U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2.

5. toodark

toodark Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Minot, ND
    Sorry. Meant to add. flex using is the RIP I’m using

6. toodark

toodark Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Minot, ND
    Where do I find that?

7. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
  8. yannb

yannb Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Belgium
    Yes, works brilliantly for regular CMYK input. One thing to remember though is to disable the use of embedded profiles :)

9. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Would this practice completely change things like skin tones in images?

10. ColorCrest

ColorCrest Active Member

Dec 11, 2017
    So Cal
    It may help to know the EpsonWideCMYK_Ver2.icc is not an "input" class profile but an "output" class profile, and is designated as such when inspected. However, one may certainly use it as a working color space for their designs and thus it could be considered "input" to a RIP to be honored or not, depending upon color management settings to do so.

Understand the profile is specific to Epson's wide color space they've created from, and for, their certain machines. To be the most accurate, machines in the wild will need to be calibrated close to what Epson used at the time they created the profile.

When one is creating designs in CMYK mode, the CMYK profile used as the working space is tantamount to working in the destination printer color space. CMYK profiles are output profiles and represent printers with the same calibration and gamut.

A question becomes; "What if I have other destinations for my designs besides my EpsonWideCMYK machines?"

Most people know the answer which is to create designs in a wide gamut RGB space and put color management to use everywhere.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. yannb

yannb Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Belgium
    It only slightly changes skin tones.

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 1