• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

8518 Change??

InkjetAuction

Anyone experience a change in the 8518?

I just used a roll that had a paper release liner and it wasn't as high gloss as usual.

It most definitely was a 2mil gloss cast...and the box and core was labeled correctly. I didn't have time to return it to get a new roll of the "old" stuff. Luckily this roll covered a complete project itself (box truck).

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this, or did I get a different product in the correct box. I have ordered another roll since, and it was the film that we are used to (high gloss with synthetic liner)

Thoughts?

~E

Brandon708

No experience with the 8518 change but the rolls I have now in 85xx have paper liners which I prefer because its much easier to load. I also learned that the 8520 Matte laminate is not matte at all. It seems more like a luster. I had to order another roll of 8915 for the 3M Ultra Matte which I love the finish. 8915 also has a paper liner.

Johnny Best

I've used 3M 8519 luster for years and just switched over to Arlon 3220 overlaminate, comes in gloss, lustre, matt and has 7 year life. So far it seems to be good and lower cost than 3M.

AKwrapguy

Anyone experience a change in the 8518?

I just used a roll that had a paper release liner and it wasn't as high gloss as usual.

It most definitely was a 2mil gloss cast...and the box and core was labeled correctly. I didn't have time to return it to get a new roll of the "old" stuff. Luckily this roll covered a complete project itself (box truck).

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this, or did I get a different product in the correct box. I have ordered another roll since, and it was the film that we are used to (high gloss with synthetic liner)

Thoughts?

~E

8518 (gloss) comes with a plastic liner. 8519 (luster) and 8520 (matte) come with paper liner.