• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

8x8 aluminum signs... from where?

jiarby

Anyone seen a vendor for signslike these, or do you think they were custom fabricated??

They are 8x8 with square corners, made of aluminum.... probably powder coated green. The text is screen printed on.... not vinyl.

The sign has a 2" wide x 18" tall stake. It looks to be welded onto the 8x8 piece... you can see where they ground down the welds. They probably drilled two holes in the stake then filled them with the weld and sanded smooth then powder coated.

Is this an "off the rack" piece that I can just order somewhere.

I am going to need 40 pcs.

Attachments

• 8x8-2.jpg
    8x8-2.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 8x8-1.jpg
    8x8-1.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 63

jiarby

I forgot to say that the aluminum is about 1/8 inch thick... maybe 9ga?
Thicker than .080.

HulkSmash

im pretty sure it's just custom inhouse. just all cut alum. to shape. drill.. done..
easy.. and cheaper than ordering something like this

jiarby

I can do all that... but not the welding them together. Then I'd have to send out to powdercoat.

It looks like the kind of sign that would be in a catalog for gold course managers or something like that... maybe HOA's?

jiarby

no router.... I will probably try to find a local metal fab shop. I dont even know where to get metal that thick.

Maybe I just use 080 and a U-Channel stake?

jiarby

what kind of epoxy do you think would bond aluminum sheets and also hold up in the Arizona summers?

Mosh

We make plant markers for a park just about like that. We use .080 and vhb them to 1/4" x2" aluminum stock (cut to a point). No problems in 4-5 years of doing them.