Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90" Snowflakes

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by gplough, Nov 18, 2019.

1. gplough

gplough Member

Jul 18, 2014
    Kansas City
    Have a customer asking for 90" snowflakes (either diecut or white printed on clear) to be applied to street for parade. They are temporary. I would have to produce and ship them.

I honestly don't have a clue on material, I looked at Avery 6121 but it sounds like she's wanting a diecut not flakes.

Leaning towards telling her she should find a local artist / painter.

Tags:
  2. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    stencil & spraychalk kits

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bannertime

bannertime Very Active Member

Sep 8, 2016
    No
    With most asphalt/street graphics, the texture doesn't allow application tape to stick. This makes it extremely hard to apply large contour cut graphics. Especially if they don't have someone that knows how to install. I've never used MPI 6121 and I honestly can't tell if it's textured or not. Doesn't appear to be foil based either. So what I'm saying may not apply.

I'd steer them towards stencils. You can even do the stencils out of two sheets of coro if it needs to be cheap. It can be scored and folded to make shipping easier.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jwlllpl

jwlllpl Member

May 6, 2016
    Florida
    MultiGRIP from Grimco. We have been testing it on concrete, asphalt, stucco, carpet and entry to our shop printed with latex - no lamination about six months now. It is holding up really well.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  5. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX
    we have also used banner scrim for large stencils

• Like Like x 2
  6. Z SIGNS

Z SIGNS Very Active Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Trenton NJ
    +1 for coro stencil and spray chalk.Cut the stencil ship it and be done.Anything else just does not make sense..Stick a 90" piece of vinyl on asphalt...come on.

• Hilarious! Hilarious! x 1