• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

92 Volvo 240 Paint wrap...

I recently bought a volvo 240 for 300 bucks..it has some dings and dents but otherwise runs great and has low miles 130k (lol)

The paint is coming off and is rusty in some areas, but could turn into a very stylish car....something for me to fiddle with on the weekends.

My question is this..

My initial thought this weekend was to wrap it in oracal 970 RA but looking at the price today when I got in to work,I was wondering if it would be cheaper/better to wrap it with laminated printed vinyl...

I feel like I could go cheaper seeing as it is about as square as a car comes...would the paint wrap vinyls look that much better than printed?

Suggestions?

(also I've got some money to spend because I got a lot back from my previous car that got totaled)

Here's a pic of one I got off the net

Attachments

• volvo 240.jpg
    volvo 240.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 1,184

Letterbox Mike

Lower it, swap in a 350, color-wrap it and be done with it. I loooove Volvos, had 4 850s and an S70, but never a 240. Always wanted to pick one up for a project car, done up right they can be about as cool as it gets. Super easy to work on, and not hard to make quick either, surprisingly.

rjssigns

dipyourcar.com Thought I would throw that into the mix. Another thing my racer pals use is John Deere Blitz Black for that matte finish. Stupid cheap and looks great when done.

I am looking to do a matte finish vehicle then cut some cool graphics out of gloss lam and apply for accent.

Lower it, swap in a 350, color-wrap it and be done with it. I loooove Volvos, had 4 850s and an S70, but never a 240. Always wanted to pick one up for a project car, done up right they can be about as cool as it gets. Super easy to work on, and not hard to make quick either, surprisingly.

Swap in a 350 (engine?) sorry I'm pretty noobish when it comes to big changes to cars...

It has great potential...It looks like something an African (not racist comment) dictator would love to drive...just needs some little flags on both sides of the windshield

Letterbox Mike

Swap in a 350 (engine?) sorry I'm pretty noobish when it comes to big changes to cars...

It has great potential...It looks like something an African (not racist comment) dictator would love to drive...just needs some little flags on both sides of the windshield

Haha! They usually drive older Mercedes!

Yeah, swap a 350 engine in it. I've seen quite a few done, pretty awesome.

nice bargain for great looking car, heck ya can not lose on that, even totaled out ya paid less then scrap value.

I know I was all over that deal...older woman that liked to back into poles and since quit driving...it is worth more in steel that what I paid let alone in good driving condition.

hehe...that's ok I've only driven it 100 miles since I got it and love it too much to part with it..everyone says they have a way of making you love them..its really odd.

I'd hate to be driving a 92 lumina or some such

Letterbox Mike

hehe...that's ok I've only driven it 100 miles since I got it and love it too much to part with it..everyone says they have a way of making you love them..its really odd.

I'd hate to be driving a 92 lumina or some such

Yup, you wouldn't think of Volvos being that way, but they're so unique and quirky that they're hard to part with. Once you get a good one you really start to love them. I don't know what it is, but they really grow on you.

I haven't had one in about 4 years now and I'm really really itching to get another one. My wife and I were actually talking about how much we miss having one over the weekend. I've been keeping my eye out for a good deal on a nice clean early '80s 240 wagon, I've seen some that have been restored and fixed up and they're really killer cars.

Letterbox Mike

Yeah, the new Volvos are super nice, much nicer than I think most people expect. I still like the older ones though, they're just so quirky and strange and Swedish.

Yeah yeah yeah, the original question... I'd go with the color change vinyl, it'll look better if you're just doing a solid color IMO. Once all is said and done and you lay down a ton of ink you're probably going to be pretty close to the same cost per sq. ft..

Yeah yeah yeah, the original question... I'd go with the color change vinyl, it'll look better if you're just doing a solid color IMO. Once all is said and done and you lay down a ton of ink you're probably going to be pretty close to the same cost per sq. ft..

Good point...is the oracal good stuff?
Think 60'' x 10 yards would do it?