• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

9600 Horizontal Banding

kindlekreative

I have an Epson 9600 with sublimation inks. I've been using it with great success for about 2 years now. Just recently I've been getting horizontal banding on several channels but most notably on the cyan channel. By the looks of the different print patterns, do you think this is a cap assy issue or dampers or possibly a head problem? I've cleaned the head and even soaked it but to no avail. Actually, after the head soak I've been unable to get a good nozzle check at all.

Thanks

Attachments

• cyan.jpg
    cyan.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 1,489
  • cyanboxes.jpg
    cyanboxes.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 205
  • cyanvertical.jpg
    cyanvertical.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 184
  • 9600cyannozzle.jpg
    9600cyannozzle.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 209

APC Tech NE

Sub inks are acidic and can cause premature failure on some parts. Have you replaced the cap/pump assy and wiper? this is where I would start.

lazaros

I have an epson 9800 tha i am using daily for the past 6 years. I use the original epson K3 inks from the begging. a couple months ago i had problems with horizontal banding. No matter how and what i tried the banding was there. I moved the printer into a cooler room and was doing daily clean ups of the heads and the problem dissapeared. I also noticed that banding appears when an ink is close to empty.

Maybe you have air in the ink lines. a power cleaning should help resolve that.

maybe the inks you are using are causing the damage. Try maybe a cleaning cartridge with the correct solution to clean your inks.

other than that i don't have anything else to recomend.
the best of luck!