• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A Better Way to Print/Cut?

StarSign

It's time to take a day off. I have been running our HP L25500 for a few months now, runs great. I am having a terrible problem printing on the HP then cutting on the Graphtec FC8000. I am running the Onyx 10 RIP. Is there a way to pull a cut file after it has printed and just cut it with the Cutmaster that came with the Graphtec?

Thanks

CS-SignSupply-TT

I believe there have been previous posts indicating Onyx 10 has some issues with contour cuts. I suggest contacting Graphtec (please be patient) and asking them about contour cuts and their Cutmaster "bridge" program.

Bill Modzel

If you set the registration marks with Cutting Master before you print you should have no problem. I set my marks in Illustrator/Mac, save my eps or PDF file and print though Posterjet via Parallels/XP. I put the print in my Graphtec 7000-100 and line up the cutting head in the first registration mark and send the print.
It actually cuts more accurately than my Edge/GsXplus combo.

luggnut

we had issues printing and cutting from onyx. it was solved when i changed the interface language of the cutter from HP-GL to GP-GL.

we had to set the cutter to read the right marks (type 2?) and set it to read the largest setting it allowed to be input.

TheSnowman

I'm still on Onyx 7 and running Mimaki's and it hasn't ever cut perfectly...it's so annoying. I assume it's some software thing too, but I've always had issues.

edgette

I'm using the cutmaster plug in for corel to do all of my contour cutting. It's very easy to add in the proper registration marks, export to your RIP and then cut the file after you print.