• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

a big one

slappy

a 12x16.. i've never done one. But for the coro, i'm coming up in the area of $1400 and the omegabond around $2200 ... am i doing this right or ripping myself off? I'm not sure on multiple sheet like this. I't one sign, but 6 sheets all in all, so i don't think a discount applies to this. Should you charge less per sq. ft since it's 192 sq. ft? the top two sheets everything lays out great. The bottom 4, the fifth line of text is positioned on all four sheets.... I'm quoting also without the black backdrop shadow... whose going to see it anyways, and if they insist on it, then it will be higher then the prices i mentioned above :frustrated:

also, this is uninstalled at the moment

Any help, suggestions would be great and i didn't design it either.. :thankyou:

Last edited:

Jillbeans

I'd suggest not using coro, not even giving them that option.
You might try pricing polymetal if you are going the Omegabond route
(both are fine)
Love....Jill

GB2

Old Member
12' x 16' Coroplast mounted to the building?? Good luck with that! Your pricing is OK I suppose but where you'll really have to be careful is with the installation method and costs if you are contracted to do that.

Pat Whatley

International traders....auctioneers....realtors....consultants.....cheap assed customers.

Seriously...coroplast? Next thing you know they'll want a banner.

slappy

I forgot to mention, they are cheap as cheap can be.
so i have to price it out in the coro. I did call glantz and get a price on the polymetal already, but i don't think they will go for as they are CHEAP!

Mosh

NO CORO! On big site signs I figure $300 per 4x8 sheet I use, plus install. We use max metal.

slappy

I'm leaving out the install cause if it is going to be a coroplast sign, i really don't want it coming back to me that it's warping in the sun, or falling down (due to the coroplast ripping around the install hardware or whatever may happen to a sign that is actually for temporary signage that is going to be permanent.

slappy

International traders....auctioneers....realtors....consultants.....cheap assed customers.

Seriously...coroplast? Next thing you know they'll want a banner.

you should see some of the other signs they have floating around signs... so heavy on the wording you can't make anything out..

slappy

here is my email quote:

The chart attached can help you determine letter size for the project you are working on based on the distance your sign

To cut cost, I wouldn’t add the black dropshadow, as there is no contrast, so your not going to be able to see it unless your standing within 10’ of it.

For 6 4x8 sheets of coroplast (see red lines on attachment), your around $7.50 a sq. ft.( add the black shadow add $0.75 sq.ft)

I don’t do tin, but I would recommend a aluminum sheet backed with a solid plastic core (assuming this is going to be a permanent sign. You would be around $11.45 a sq. ft. (add $.75 for added black backdrop)

Installation extra, coroplast would require a complete different method to installing as it is flimsy material to mount. Plus it may warp in the sun, so I’d have to have you acknowledge this before hand that it’s purpose is for temporary signage.

How's that sound?????

Jillbeans

I'd pass on this one.
Your reputation is on the line here.
That coro will degrade after one year.
Don't walk away, run!
It's not worth it.

TheSellOut

I'd pass on this one.
Your reputation is on the line here.
That coro will degrade after one year.
Don't walk away, run!
It's not worth it.

+1

And why not go the banner route instead of coro? You could sub it out,have one solid piece, and charge the same as you would for the coro.

Coro will look like junk, expect it to come back

slappy

thanks Jill..
I've passed on other ones from them. I'll just quote them the polymetal or banner.

HeathSign,
who does a banner that big?? any mm here? any recommendations?

AUTO-FX

yeah but if she doesnt do it (in coroplast), they will get someone else to.
If i had to, i would use the 10mm coroplast and install it with big giant fender washers sprayed white.

slappy

THANK YOU HeathSignCo.! just spoke to Wes on it and the price is great!

Now.... i've never price out a banner this big.. triple it and risk? Or double it and win the bid. A large format banner would be great for a portfolio.. too bad that the artwork sucks..

Last edited:

Flame

Just wanted to throw out...if you use coroplast, use the 10mm. Far, far outlasts the 4mm stuff and is almost the same price. I have a 4x6 I did for a church (cheap cheap) that's 5 years old that actually isn't looking too shabby. The thin stuff..... I give a year before it starts warping like mad.

showcase 66

We did a 14' x 32' banner for the hospital to put on one of their buildings. 18oz material grommets every 12" around the whole thing and at the 6' mark down the 32' of banner. We did not do the install. Actually it never really got installed. 4 of their maintenance guys went to put it up and when they got the two top corners in, a gust of wind came and yanked it out of the wall. One of the guys got his hand wrapped around it somehow and was pulled of the ladder and dragged for about 50' before the parachute snagged a tree.

Be careful if you are going to do the install on it.

I had to lol when I saw this post because I have a customer that is exactly like this and they had me do coro signs on their building also. They were not as big as yours, only 4x8 but I used 10mm coro and I attached it to the building with liquid nails.
That was 4 years ago and they are still there and in decent shape.
I did however make them sign a waiver that exempt me from any warranty on the signs just to be safe.

Malkin

Hope it goes well!

As an aside, even if I figure a price using a sq ft method, I always just give the total instead. (Lots of people are bad at math)