• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A chance to upgrade...or not

threeputt

Distributor stopped by yesterday. They've taken in two nearly new Roland Sol-Jet Pro III XC-540V's in trade. (the seller upgraded to 72" machines).

I'm currently running some older (2-3 years) equipment, namely a Roland SP-540V machine which I like very much.

But the chance to upgrade has me really thinking. Both machines are still under factory warranty, one with 10 months and one with 15 months remaining.

Both with integrated take-up systems. Should I continue to think about this? Hmmmm.

ChiknNutz

Only if it will do what your current equipment cannot at the rate you require. Otherwise, it's just another expense that may be unnecessary. I was aware of the same machines (PCSS, right?)

threeputt

Yes, PCSS. Cost: $22,495 and $23,495.

Is this a decent deal? Trade in offer for my machine, 8-9 thou.

ChiknNutz

Again, only if it offers something yours currently does not...that is truly value-added. Would that money be better suited to a different piece of equipment...or a savings fund (if you are paying cash for it...which you really should be). If financing the new amount, consider that very carefully...imagine NO payment at all.

rdm01

I would say that unless your printer is not offering you something that you
could really use in these machines, save the money. If you could have both
printers running for most the time and you would take advantage of new
features, then go for it. $25,000-$50,000 in the bank could really benefit you
in the coming months or years depending on how this economy goes.

threeputt

Appreciate the comments I'm getting. Yes, the machine clearly offers more.

Much faster printing, much wider color gamut, and the dryer is superior to what I have. Also the takeup mechanism would be soooooo handy to have.

Seems like some of you feel it may not be the "time" to do this. Or at least many of you seem to be fiscally very conservative at this time. Correct?

I'm looking at this as strictly an investment in myself, my company, and my future.

Error on the side of caution? or not. (that is the question)

Checkers

If you're running your current printer all day I would entertain it. However, I would sit tight until they make a better offer.
Times are tough out there in all industries. With patience and the right negotiation skills, you can get some great deals.

Checkers