• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A Coot at my shop!!!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Mosh are they rare or something?
Around here "A bird landed in my shop" doesn't make the news much.
For some reason when I clicked the topic I expected to read that Old Paint had come for a visit. I guess American Coots and Old Coots are not birds of a feather.

wayne k
guam usa

Mosh

What IS RARE is that it didn't get SHOT!!!! and ATE!!! or traded.....you know that is how we do biz in the midwest..trading chickens and pies...

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What's a 'despiite' ??

Do you ALL talk funny out there ??

Could be your recent floods attracted this little guy in. Otherwise, judging by what you've told us about your area.... he's way out of his territory and probably just lost. No other reason for him to make a detour into your neck of the woods.

jfiscus

Rap Master
I caught one running around my rental house up in Middletown, Ohio a few months ago. Thought it was a baby duck until I picked it up (it was night time). Those suckers have CLAWS!

No idea what it was doing there in the city. Let it go by a creek after the kids got a look at it. I had to look it up in my Audobon bird book to figure out WTF it was.
I really liked the way their webs work on their feet.