Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Couple Lobby Posters & Flyers

Discussion in 'Portfolio Board' started by jfiscus, Oct 27, 2009.

1. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    We did these for upcoming events at the boss' church.
    Let me know your thoughts. Finished product was 48" tall mounted to sintra(sp?) with matching flyers @ 11x17" to put at area businesses.

Logos created/recreated in Illustrator, layout designed in InDesign, exported as a PDF & placed directly into Versaworks.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    rofl kirk cameron -- nice work tho

3. signrios

signrios Active Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Rio Grande Valley
    some how Mike H. looks a little different than in other pictures.
    everything else looks good.

4. joeshaul

joeshaul Member

Mar 23, 2008
    I like both designs, I think the Fireproof one is the better design of the two as far as colors/contrast/etc.

As for improvements, I can only recommend a few minor tweaks:
    You may want to remove the text below the "Fireproof" movie logo though, as it's really hard to read against that background.

The Huckabee design's flag look a little bit pinkish to me, dunno if it's my monitor, but a lot of people take those colors very seriously!

5. weaselboogie

weaselboogie Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Us
    You need some breathing room, not enough negative space makes both designs too cluttery.

6. jfiscus

jfiscus Map Wraster

Apr 2, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    I would have removed that text, but left it as it was how I was sent their "official logo", the flag did end up pinkish in parts but other areas were bright & vivid; sometimes those transparency effects can do some odd results.

thx guys for the compliments & suggestions; I also agree about it being busy, but they want a bunch of info on everything, as we use the same art on the handouts for people completely unfamiliar with the venue, etc.

7. Doyle

Doyle Very Active Member

Dec 4, 2006
    Michigan
    I didn't even read them because they were too busy, no rhythm, just a bunch of words typed out on a busy background.... also don't really like the choices of color

8. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver

Yeah sorry. Nothing got me too excited, just another cluttered layout.

9. insignia

insignia Very Active Member

I'd be very careful with that Huckabee one, that flag is bound to offend some people. I'd definately go back to the drawing board on that one.