• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A couple of signs I built a while back

onesource

Organizing some pics and thought I'd just post these, ended up being pretty cool.

Attachments

• Guadalajara grill.jpg
    Guadalajara grill.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 116
  • church.jpg
    church.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 127

John L

The flat design back panel on Guadaljara.. is that acrylic with letter trim? or alum? It looks like letter trim.

Nice work.

jiarby

whats with the text on the church sign... why not center justification? I like the neon one.

onesource

cuz it's left justification.......really, I gave the option and that was the commitee's choice. It is actually 12" thick and welded, even though it looks flat.
whats with the text on the church sign... why not center justification? I like the neon one.

onesource

Yeah the shape is funny but the church has this arch designed into various areas of the building. Some designs are just plain
They made the right decision. That's a goofy shape to have to justify text with. It Flooows.

onesource

Stolen Sign

Update:
The Guadalajara sign has been stolen along with ALL the new restaurant equipment. The sign is a 1 of and should be easy to remember so if anyone is out eating and you see this then PM me.
The store was in a mall and had been closed for a short time. The mall knows nothing.
70-100,000 worth of goods

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't know about 100k at your place, but I saw close to 100k or more being evacuated out of a restaurant close to me and the guy still owed me around $5,500 for his signs.

They managed to keep the place closed for repairs and were really getting everything ready to clear out in the middle of the night.

I just happened to be going over to see about something else and saw some people clearing some really big stuff out the restaurant in the middle of a mall. Seems no one clearing the place could speak English... or so they said. No one paid any attention to the goings on and I called my wife, who then called our lawyer and we later found out the owner was about ready to sell all of this stuff to various restaurants and take the cash and run.

He was caught red-handed by yours truly and the guy is still wearing an ankle bracelet to this day. Seems he had forged bank documents and all kinds of other things and was going to take a quick vacation and claim he was robbed, but I identified the people, got the license plate number, descriptions and everything was traced back to this guy.

Poor sap will probably be in hock the rest of his frickin' lousy life.

Oh yeah and the funny part was... he had filed bankruptcy two days after he opened and told no one and thought it would protect him..... hahahaha.... it didn't.

So insig... it's easy to steal stuff when you have a plan and pretend no one is watching you. It appears to be like it magic act. If you're aren't watching or paying attention... you'll be fooled in a second. :covereyes:

jiarby

I'll bet the guy that owned the restaurant stole it himself. Who would break in to steal restaurant equipment AND also take the sign??

onesource

There is a service hall to the restaurants in the dining area and anything can happen at night in the mall. The night I installed the signage I could have taken anything that wasn't locked up and no one would have paid any attention.
Absolutely possible to be an Insurance scam as mentioned but I will give the benefit of doubt. If he did it will catch up.
Stands to reason, no one but an owner would take the sign...but who knows.

Good work.

I think you should have used 2"/3" returns instead of the 5" for the exposed CL's (eaier to make out from all viewing angles, maybe even a smaller diameter CCFL glass. Then the neon would look real intense, and better clearance. I'm probably nit picking here, not my intention.

But good job non the less, I love exposed neon signs, they will always definitely capture on lookers and potential customers over any other sign

Last edited:

John L

You got that right. I just did an exposed neon CL set for a big bagel/deli place that went in a strip center full of standard lighted sign boxes. We also did some border tubes along the storefront. It literally looks like the deli owns the shopping center. You don't see anything else there.