• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

a double hit sign face question.....

gabagoo

I have printed a few sign faces for other sign shops in the past and have always done the double hit on clear, and honestly never had a complaint...until I did 11 for me. The complainent is me..... Basically there were 11 faces 2 x 10 and they repeated with 2 different layouts. Before I did the job I ran a miniature version for the client and put it on a scrap piece of plexi. After I printed it and applied it to the plexi the colour did not really look very full, but the guy liked it and the next day I started printing.

I laminated them all and then realized that one of the light blue colours seemed to look almost like an Aqua colour. I grabbed the sample I showed him, and as I suspected, it had only a single hit....no wonder it looked a bit washed out up at the lights... So I will say that the double hit looks great, but now wait to see if there is a comment about the aqua colour or will it suffice....... ugggg Multi tasking will be the death of me!!!:banghead:

I have printed a few sign faces for other sign shops in the past and have always done the double hit on clear, and honestly never had a complaint...until I did 11 for me. The complainent is me..... Basically there were 11 faces 2 x 10 and they repeated with 2 different layouts. Before I did the job I ran a miniature version for the client and put it on a scrap piece of plexi. After I printed it and applied it to the plexi the colour did not really look very full, but the guy liked it and the next day I started printing.

I laminated them all and then realized that one of the light blue colours seemed to look almost like an Aqua colour. I grabbed the sample I showed him, and as I suspected, it had only a single hit....no wonder it looked a bit washed out up at the lights... So I will say that the double hit looks great, but now wait to see if there is a comment about the aqua colour or will it suffice....... ugggg Multi tasking will be the death of me!!!:banghead:

What exactly is the question? Or did I miss something?