• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A Encad NovaJet 500 42" printer?

foridesign

Hello and thanks for reading this post!

But I'm in great need of some feedback on weather I sholud buy a Encad NovaJet 500 42" printer for $ 500 and if it's a good buy. Now I'm wondering if it's worth the money, I do know that Encad no longer sales this printer. You may ask or wonder what am I looking to do on the printer? I want to print banners, signs, and etc. I know it's a 300 dpi printer also, but I'm looking to do the same opitions as a HP 5500 DesignJet 60". Please give me some feed back on if it's worth my time or money!

Thanks

Foridesign

oc63rag

Personally, I'd save some more $ and look for a used HP 5500. You can find them on Craigslist and Ebay for around $2K. Kodak (owner of Encad) is going through some major changes and I wouldn't count on them for support. HP has a servicing dealer on every corner just about. The HP 5000 series printers are true workhorses.

Urban Image

The NovaJet 500 is very old. It is no longer supported by Kodak/Encad. $500 is a good price but the parts have been discontinued. Everything below the Encad NovaJet 850 has had its parts discontinued.

If someone were to offer me this printer for $500 I would take it. If it doesn't work, disassemble it and sell each part individually on Ebay. You'll make a hell of a lot more than $500. It's a safe purchase that you can turn a profit on either way. Put them up for bid but put a comfortable "Buy Now" price on it for people who need the parts in a rush.

If it works, you have a machine to make you money.

If it doesn't work, you have an inexpensive and profitable source of parts to sell.

foridesign

Proving it can be done!

Thanks guys! I'm trying my best to start my own small business with very careful steps to prove that one can be started with a small budget and bring in a good profit within six months. I know it can be done because I have clints waiting for me now to bring work. I have a 61" GBC Titan Laminator on the way in the next to weeks and now need to find a printer to do banners, posters, signs, etc. Then my search will start for a sign location to work out of.