• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

a few concepts

Sticky Signs

Hey folks.
I've come up with a few concepts for this logo. None of them are complete. I just want to see what you guys like better (or hate more) to see what direction I should be going in. Your advice, input and constructive criticism are appreciated.

Attachments

• Arch.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 162
  • Sun.pdf
    374.2 KB · Views: 130

J Hill Designs

very kidsy and fun...

It might be better to attach jpg so noone has to open an external program to critique your artwork...

Sticky Signs

Ooops, I screwed that up. The system would let me load the 3rd file. Here it is. Hopefully this works. I'm also big on white space.

Attachments

• Wood.jpg
    Wood.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 88

Joe Diaz

OK now I can see them. On the first one, I would try not to have an italicized word on an arch. And on the second one, which I like better btw, I would make the green a darker blue and the blue outline a brighter green. It will make it much easier to read.

Jillbeans

They are all really hard to read.
#1- I have been taught never to use red with blue on a sign. And italics on an arch isn't a great idea.
#2-Has most potential but use the decorative font for only one phrase. Something needs to be easy to read, DAY CAMP would be the best one for something paliner in blue only, no outlines.
#3-Extremely hard to read, maybe step off the outlines. Weird spacing, wood grain effects are disproportionate.
...you asked. Not trying to be mean.
:)
Love....Jill

Sticky Signs

Not mean at all Jill. I appreciate the honesty. Like I said, these are not done, I'm just trying to see which one people like best so I can concentrate on making it better. As mentioned in previous posts, I am not a designer however I've been doing some homework on the subject. Got a long way to go. In this case I'm trying to help out a friend with no budget - plus I get to practice my design skills at the same time. My only direction on this is to use green and blue (Vancouver Canucks colors) and incorporate some "outdoor" type stuff.
Keep it coming guys!

Jillbeans

I was thinking something along the lines of this.
It's just a quickie mock up and I'm not sure these are the correct colors.
I'm a Pens fan.
:)
Background looks kinda busy, it could always just be plain white.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 102

Jillbeans

The sun is yours from your pdf!
I just beefed it up.
My fonts are Jillbeans (shameless plug) and a Becker font called Big Blunt.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I like your third try the best. The first two are just too hard too read and have too many bad elements working against each other.

However, with your third try…. do a little experiment and take it into PS and take the color off and just make it all grey tones. You’ll see on a monochromatic scale your blues and greens are almost the same value. About a 3 or 4. Try boosting one…. one way and the other the other way and make your white stripe up against the blue a little bolder. It all looks fun and kiddish so far. You’ve got the look down, just work on colors.

Sticky Signs

Ok, I borrowed some ideas from Jill. Thanks Jill.
Might still need some work. let me know what you think

Attachments

• ideas4.jpg
    ideas4.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 113

sardocs

It seems to me that's a lot of space used up by the yellow swirly thing. This might be an alternative...

Attachments

• HOWABOUT.jpg
    HOWABOUT.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 99

Sticky Signs

Thanks for the ideas guys. Much appreciated. So I sent my friend the same images I put on this post. She liked the one based on Jill's idea so I did some more tweaking and this is what I've got so far. Thanks again Jill, I owe you a beer!

Attachments

• ideas4revised.jpg
    ideas4revised.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 78

SignManiac

I think it has improved greatly but, the two different typeface shown don't look right together. I think Day Camp needs something different that will look right with the Kids font.