• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A few more things I've been up to lately.

Ursta Graphics

Just a few jobs I've knocked out lately.

Attachments

• gearhearts1.jpg
    gearhearts1.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 106
  • gearhearts 2.jpg
    gearhearts 2.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 93
  • uncle wades 1.jpg
    uncle wades 1.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 93
  • uncle wades 2.jpg
    uncle wades 2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 82
  • uncle wades 3.jpg
    uncle wades 3.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 94

Ursta Graphics

A few more

Attachments

• starkeys1.jpg
    starkeys1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 83
  • sharpsville marching band.jpg
    sharpsville marching band.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 90
  • elysias precious pets.jpg
    elysias precious pets.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 99
  • welcome home steve.jpg
    welcome home steve.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 91

slappy

ummm. looks pretty close to the layout i designed that was on the window before it got smashed and to the business cards i designed also.
i guess i should mention he didn't pay for logo design nor did i give him any files.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Rut-Roh....................

Looks like someone gost some splaini' to do. :noway:

Ursta Graphics

My apologies ... the customer approached me with his card design and told me to do my thing with it. Didn't mean to step on any toes. If you feel the need to discuss this please don't hesitate to call me.

slappy

Dunno what to say. Here is my design 2 years ago on it when he opened when i put it on. Wasn't in the budget to "shine" it up. I heard eaglesoft did it to you recently. So i imagine you know how i feel at the moment.

slappy

Chris, it isn't the point weather it sucked or not. It was a simple layout for me cause i wasn't getting paid to design a logo and I made a quick buck and a half on it. You see your idea in someone else's portfolio, think you'd call them out on it too.
Tomorrow morning when i walk into work, my whole perspective is changed on what to do when someone brings something in.

rjssigns

ummm. looks pretty close to the layout i designed that was on the window before it got smashed and to the business cards i designed also.
i guess i should mention he didn't pay for logo design nor did i give him any files.

Can't blame him for making a buck. There is very little client loyalty when it comes to signage. Get used to it. The other point is how was he to know who did the previous work or where the design originated?

I've had it happen to me. Only saving grace was that I charged for the designs/file.

Unless there was a specific contractual agreement you're S.O.L.

Flame

Chris, it isn't the point weather it sucked or not. It was a simple layout for me cause i wasn't getting paid to design a logo and I made a quick buck and a half on it. You see your idea in someone else's portfolio, think you'd call them out on it too.
Tomorrow morning when i walk into work, my whole perspective is changed on what to do when someone brings something in.

What he did was far from playing dirty. He went off a card with the logo, made it up for the window, done and done. If you have an issue, I'd suggest taking him up on his offer to call him! :cool1:

slappy

it's fine Flame, i'm over it actually.
I've had many people bring in cards before, magnetics or shirts or something. I always ask who did the work and tell them to go back there, price it too high so they leave or do something different. Guess as long as they are not bringing in a print with a proof or anything watermarked, it's fine to take the job it sounds like. Like i said, tomorrow i'm walking into work with a whole new perspective on how to handle things.

Flame

it's fine Flame, i'm over it actually.
I've had many people bring in cards before, magnetics or shirts or something. I always ask who did the work and tell them to go back there, price it too high so they leave or do something different. Guess as long as they are not bringing in a print with a proof or anything watermarked, it's fine to take the job it sounds like. Like i said, tomorrow i'm walking into work with a whole new perspective on how to handle things.

As a buddy, I must tell you that's a totally absurd way of doing business. How are you still in business? Logos can come from any possible source, and just because someone creates a logo, it doesn't mean they retain rights to it.

It is good to ask of course, but when Adidas called me to make them up some banners for an event that weekend, did I ask them if they owned their logo and artwork they sent me? Did I ask to see paperwork proof that they owned it?

When a plumbing company that's been around for 14 years, came in to get a small fleet of vehicles done and e-mailed me over the .eps and .pdf files for it, did I ask to see proof of payment for their logo or did I just letter their vans and accept the check?

Just my $0.02 on the subject, you cannot question every customer coming in where all their logo came from. If you get a bad gut feeling, go with it and look into it a bit to save yourself a headache. Otherwise, do your paperwork, do their job, take the check, and move on to the next customer.

And since I'm drifting wayyyy off topic. Might as well throw in that I really like your work Ursta. You like em wild and crazy and I dig it :p

HulkSmash

As a buddy, I must tell you that's a totally absurd way of doing business. How are you still in business? Logos can come from any possible source, and just because someone creates a logo, it doesn't mean they retain rights to it.

It is good to ask of course, but when Adidas called me to make them up some banners for an event that weekend, did I ask them if they owned their logo and artwork they sent me? Did I ask to see paperwork proof that they owned it?

When a plumbing company that's been around for 14 years, came in to get a small fleet of vehicles done and e-mailed me over the .eps and .pdf files for it, did I ask to see proof of payment for their logo or did I just letter their vans and accept the check?

Just my $0.02 on the subject, you cannot question every customer coming in where all their logo came from. If you get a bad gut feeling, go with it and look into it a bit to save yourself a headache. Otherwise, do your paperwork, do their job, take the check, and move on to the next customer.

And since I'm drifting wayyyy off topic. Might as well throw in that I really like your work Ursta. You like em wild and crazy and I dig it :p

this is true, you can't ask every single client to show a proof.. no one has time for that. If a client comes in and ask me to recreate a logo he's had for years.. not questioning it.