• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A few more vector based truck wrap examples

Dan Antonelli

Here's a few recent truck wrap designs we completed (after rebranding each of the companies). We tend to push brand integration over photographic elements, which is one reason why we rarely ever use photography in our designs.

Of course, an effective small business truck wrap is dependent on having a good brand to start with. Ironically, many business owners won't acknowledge their own brand shortcomings, and insist on a wrap design with their existing, yet ineffective brand - and then later they wonder why their wraps fail to deliver a good advertising message and ROI.

Attachments

• handymantruckwrapexample.jpg
    handymantruckwrapexample.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 110
  • hvactruckwrapideas.jpg
    hvactruckwrapideas.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 84
  • hvactruckwrapexample.jpg
    hvactruckwrapexample.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 83
  • moldcompanytruckwrap.jpg
    moldcompanytruckwrap.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 75

Craig Sjoquist

Outstanding Dan...it is really great to see your work because of the fact you do not clutter it up with bells & whistles such as pictures that ya do not know what it is unless your standing 10 ft away.

Here in Orlando there is so much garbage on wraps it is confusing to know what sells for a business, but to see it done proper like yours is very encouraging that it can & should look this way & effective in advertising the business.

I do hope your new book & assume it will mention this, just in hopes the new generations of sign advertising designers see the light.

Here we have Full Sail University not sure what they teach them but the graphics dept seems to teach clutter & button pushing

Jillbeans

I absolutely freaking LOVE your work.
So much more refreshing than seeing text layered over stupid looking generic photos.
Miles ahead of the old trufirediamondplatepukeariffic over the top fills and effects computer-ugly sh!t out there.
Each one of your brands has power, pop, and personality.
Love....Jill

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Very nice.
I just pulled everyone in to see these... then pulled out the Fe***rs catalog out for comparision.

We had a little session of dos and (are you out of your mind) don'ts.

ezeloCreative

Love it!
I am a vector designer all the way, I am constantly persuading clients to go with vector graphics and the punch they offer. Once you show them the impact and power vector graphics can have at communicating the brand and message it is a pretty easy sell!

Thanks for sharing...

-s

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Stupendous work.

Question for ya. The last one up there.... 'Master Tech'..... is the white also wrapped or is that one a partial ??

Dan Antonelli

Thanks guys. I feel pretty lucky to be able to still be actively involved in this particular line of business for our agency. I lettered my first truck when I was 15, and almost 30 years later I think I may have figured out what I'm doing :)

They are definitely fun, and its very challenging to not become too formulaic in your approach. So I'd say that's my biggest challenge is making them look different. Fortunately, with the work being spread across the country, they're not all running around the same neighborhood. To get inspiration for the handyman wrap, I spent 3 hours pouring through SignCrafts from the 80s. Ironic how good design is good design, no matter how old it is. I'd say for the handyman wrap I had a good 10 -12 hours on the design work, and we had 20 for the logo.

Much props to you guys who actually install these things. I have no clue how many of you guys do it so well, and so fast. That's an art all by itself.

Gino - I honestly don't know if they did full or partial. I'll try and find out. Most times I hear wrap guys saying its easy to do full then partial with cut vinyl.