• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

a few window perf questions

sardocs

Hi Folks - I have just finished up all lettering and the graphics on a Handi-bus and the client now wants window perf on the rear window and also partially down the top section of all the 16 side windows. Will this pose any problems only doing the top third of the glass? Do I need to seal that bottom edge with a strip of lam or can I use a seal-it pen? I'm not to worried about the back window where the graphic goes all the way to the rubber seal, but on the sides where the graphic just cuts straight across the glass I wonder if there's going to be issues. Anyone have experience with only partially covering windows?

"Deposit Please"

I'm not a fan of the seal-it pen. I use 3m edge-sealing tape on edges. Its not gonna make it indestructible, however, it will help prevent premature lifting from power-washing or anything else thrown at it. Go that extra mile!

phototec

Are you laminating the window perf?

Not a fan of the seal-it pen either, (if it's worth doing - it worth doing RIGHT), I would use edge-sealing tape on the edges.

:smile:

sardocs

Yes I am going to use a hi-perfomance clear lam on the print. Is a strip of that lam pretty much the same as getting edge tape?

TXFB.INS

edge sealant tape is optically clear lamination.

we do it both ways and have had success, depends on the window installation if there is room then the tape, if the perf is right up to the edge then the seal pen