• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A first for us... Protest signs

binki

Normally protestors are seen with hand made signs. We got a call to make some handheld coro signs for a protest against the city council taking a job action against the Police Chief. Go figure. It was simple and easy to do and I saw them on multiple videos posted to facebook. 14x23 Thin Blue Line with a heart and some text supporting the Chief.

Go figure.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Not gonna lie, i was slow a few weeks ago and thought about throwing that out on facebook. Then quickly realized that I dont want a part of any side of that!

binki

Here is the update. The signs were a big hit. Remember, this is in support of the Police Chief who is battling with the city manager and city council over a labor action against the Chief. A fair number of citizens are supporting the Chief as well as at least 1 council member. The signs were hand held, 14x23.

We are expecting a reorder for yard signs with the same info on them but 16x24.

binki

This just in.....

Part of the protest is a social media following and someone posted about getting yard signs made, they would by some if they were available. Our contact that we made them for "volunteered" to do them. Text message comes in with the first order this morning. We are printing right now, order more materials in the morning, delivered by afternoon and hopefully final product delivered by Tuesday.

It's funny where orders come from. You just never know what might pop up.

binki

This just in.........

We have our second reorder before we have even finished the first one. Yay Us!

We are still laying low. We put a "Printed by Us" decal on the back of each sign. Free advertising. Go figure.

Last edited:

Stacey K

I like making signs
This just in......

The person ordering the signs does a lot of buying for various youth groups and is running for local office. Looks like more work out of this one little job.
That's great! You never know what jobs bring in the bacon!

binki

I agree. We got a call for hand held signs for the protest and had to produce a small number for the next day. As a result we got a call over the weekend to produce yard signs and agreed even though we didn't have enough material to produce all off them until Monday night. This, I am expecting, to lead to a lot more work through referrals as well. If I go back to when we opened our B/M location I can point to 2 customers that between them generated 90% of our business just by them referring us. Happy customers are the best and least expensive form of advertising.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
We're starting to see people ordering rally fans and auction paddles again: https://www.firesprint.com/rally-fans/

We were making a thousand a day before the pandemic for rallies, auctions, and sporting events. Then it just stopped.

We appreciate the business, but I sure hope everyone is wearing a mast while they use them!