• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A-frame styles

Baz

Anybody have or know of supplyers that offer different style a-frame brackets? A client is asking for more stylized a-frames than your standard steel powder coated frame or the Signacade molded plastic ones.

I see from my supplyers the wheel base systems, QLA-Grip it frames but thats about it. Doesn't have to be a-frame style, it can also be a base where you could attached a double sided panel onto it.

Looking for ideas!

Thanks in advance :thumb::toasting:

Baz

If you want different your best bet is to custom fab yourself.

Yeah i know ... But for this client, location, quantity, interchangeability of coroplast panels, availability ... Custom fab is not an option.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey Baz..... what's the difference if you make an in-house finished customized type or you find one from a supplier someplace ?? Other than price ?? :rolleyes:

All the rest of the things will be supplied in just the same manner.

I believe if you come up with a custom size and shape, you could swing it.

We do however get some from a place.... 'Windmaster'.

Baz

I would rather be able to buy a ready made base and supply the coro panels. This would be the easyest as far as supplying my customer. Anytime they want to order i can just order some or supply them next day (i usually buy more than i need to keep extras in-stock).

Now if it comes to it i can come up with something custom made in the shop but that will require sketching out and building a prototype. I am not opposed to doing this.

Just want to know what is already available out there before i start investing more time into this project

Baz

Thanks guys.

Looks like what is available is: Black steel frames (decorative or not), Round bases, Windmaster styles (like Gino mentionned), Signacades and some type called Grip It a-frames. Will see what their opinions are on them and also suggest we could custom build some if they want to go the a-frame route.

I just tried Tom Dalton's suggestion and at the Metalcraft site and they have some nice posts also. This might be another suggestion to offer. Installing some posts alongside the road and installing banners.

What i wanted was to know what is available so i can discuss with my client. See how they envision advertising on the property they have and go from there. Will also see what kind of limitations the city regulations have.

Thank you. :thumb: