• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A Frame supplier

ABPGraphics

I have a customer that puts on a Triathalon here locally - he wants to put up directional route a frame signs for the RUN COURSE the BIKE COURSE the SWIM event etc - he needs about 20 signs all they would have on them is the event with an arrow - he needs aframes because he is not sure where the signs will be placed - MAN THEY ARE PRICEY they dont have to be signcades
and they dont have to be very big - I just priced some thru GRIMCO (pricey)

is there a vendor out there that gives great price for quantity?

iSign

maybe look into cheap plastic "wet floor" signs from a wholesale office supply outlet... then make some decals for them

Gino

Premium Subscriber
20 isn't really any kind of quantity to get a great discount.

Since these are basically one-sided, you really don't need an 'A' frame set up. Why not just build an 'H' out of a 2" x 3" and attach a piece of Cor-X to the other side with a chain across the middle to keep it standing ??

That can't cost more than about $4.00 in materials and about two hours of labor.

How much is that worth to you ??

ova

Don't know how big your signs need to be, but I do all the directioal signs for the half marathon here. Since they wanted cheap, I use coroplast. Staple them to 1" x 1" [furing strip ripped in two] and use a street cone for the base. The city supplies the cones. The pole fits tight enough in the cone so it doesn't fall over.

This will be the fourth year. Only have to replace the ones that get stolen.

Dave

gnemmas

There is a "Wired A-frame" that Real Estate agent use for open house. Cost $9.50 each, can hang a 18x24" sign.

You can charge them $20 each, when they return un-damaged, refund $10.

Attachments

• A-FRAME2.jpg
    A-FRAME2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 82

Pat Whatley

Cheap and quick....as long as your signs aren't more than 24" tall
Use 1/2" coro, cut the width you want making sure the flutes run horizontally. If you want your face to be 24" x 24" then you'd cut a 24" x 48" piece.

Use a coro-cutter to remove the material from one side of the flute in the center so you can fold it over.

Drill a hole in the bottoms, tie a rope between them to keep if from opening up.

You can get 4 out of a sheet, 20 of them would only take about an hour to make, they still fold like an a-frame and they last for years.

TA-DAAAH!

Attachments

• IMG_20110524_130954.jpg
    IMG_20110524_130954.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20110524_130856.jpg
    IMG_20110524_130856.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 60

deadman

u can get super cheap sawhorses from your local hardware store and screw korex to it. they are only a few dollars, and work well.

Angela

HI Pat,
I am sorry did you say to cut out one of the flutes or just cut down the flute? I see the picture but do not quite get it?

Pat Whatley

I usually cut two adjoining flutes, bend the material over and cut out the exposed rib. It leaves about a 1/2" wide gap (what you see there) so it folds over cleanly.