• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A good Vinyl to Cover Botched UV prints?

I'm thinking a real thick vinyl that doesn't show the raised letters underneath and has an aggressive adhesive...

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has messed up a board or two with the wrong file or a smudge or something..

I don't know what brand of ink you guys use but It is damn near impossible to get the UV ink off, it takes more lacquer thinner to clean them off than it takes to get Charlie Sheen high...which turns out to be pretty costly...

Yeah, I went there.:wavingflag:

J Hill Designs

since you are covering it in vinyl, cant you just spend 10 minutes on it with some sandpaper to feather out any hard lines, clean and cover?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Practically any grade will work. Use whatever you have around the shop. Ya gotta have something laying around. Even the green Scotch pads will work.

We recently did a print on a piece of dibond and the printer had a hic-cup and we got a misprint about 10" in on a 48" x 48" piece, so I steel wooled it and had it all off in just a few minutes. It had a slight haze where I did it, but it was a real estate sign with full coverage and I wasn't about to lose $25 in materials being the cheap ba$tard I am. I can use my time all day long and it doesn't count, but don't be messin' with my materials.... :noway: