• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A great place to start

FelixCG

Okay, I feel like lately I've been replying to too many font & typography posts with the same answer, although that answer isn't the perfect answer x)

Whenever I can't find a font right away after lurking through our font book that we print and try to keep as updated as possible here at Coastal Graphics, I usually go lurk this website: http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

All you have to do is cut out the text, clearly the better the resolution the better the result, and then upload it or link it to this website. It will then afterwards try to find the closest matching font that they (myfonts.com) have in their database. If they do not find the exact font, then they will at least find similar fonts that you can then root your google search from!

I am not trying to find an absolute answer for everyone, I simply want to share a good resource from where you can begin your research! And hopefully with this, I can stop replying the same answer, but worded differently, to so many threads ;P

I hope this helps at least a few people!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's all good to know, but the s101 site has a built-in font finder. I think it's Font Finder. I don't know where it is, as I don't use it, but it does exist. Perhaps someone who really knows.... could explain or tell you how to get into it. :wink:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Okay, I feel like lately I've been replying to too many font & typography posts with the same answer, although that answer isn't the perfect answer x)

Whenever I can't find a font right away after lurking through our font book that we print and try to keep as updated as possible here at Coastal Graphics, I usually go lurk this website: http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/

All you have to do is cut out the text, clearly the better the resolution the better the result, and then upload it or link it to this website. It will then afterwards try to find the closest matching font that they (myfonts.com) have in their database. If they do not find the exact font, then they will at least find similar fonts that you can then root your google search from!

I am not trying to find an absolute answer for everyone, I simply want to share a good resource from where you can begin your research! And hopefully with this, I can stop replying the same answer, but worded differently, to so many threads ;P

I hope this helps at least a few people!

While your link is welcomed and appreciated, you may not realize the pleasure and pride many members here take in identifying fonts for other members. We're pretty good at it and our ID's, unlike Whatthefont, cover a wider range of available fonts than Whatthefont does.

That's all good to know, but the s101 site has a built-in font finder. I think it's Font Finder. I don't know where it is, as I don't use it, but it does exist. Perhaps someone who really knows.... could explain or tell you how to get into it. :wink:

It's just down the hall ... last door on your right. :ROFLMAO:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
While your link is welcomed and appreciated, you may not realize the pleasure and pride many members here take in identifying fonts for other members. We're pretty good at it and our ID's, unlike Whatthefont, cover a wider range of available fonts than Whatthefont does.

It's just down the hall ... last door on your right. :ROFLMAO:

Welcome from the OTHER Florida............................ :thread

JBusch260

For me, and I'm sure others, a challenge on font identification is a nice part of my day. I enjoy helping out while exercising my personal skills for better identification. If you find it to be a bother, don't respond to them. There are plenty of people that will pick up the slack.

FelixCG

Hah well sorry for trying to share a resource that I use you guys!
I am fairly new here so I'm still getting used to the ins and outs!
But at least I know better now! :)
I'll find that font identification on here!
But until then, I guess I'll just rely on other peoples "pleasure and pride" as it was mentioned x)

Biker Scout

Don't worry... everybody already knows about the font finder places. However, sometimes the guys in here are much faster and more accurate. I think it's the best resource on the net for finding fonts. A pool of people with nothing better to do than to be first to identify an obscure font by sight! :Big Laugh

TammieH

I hate looking for fonts, my rule of thumb, as long as I do not have to type new characters and if the file I have is clear enough, I will guesstimate how long it will take me to redraw, if I believe I can draw the fonts/logo quicker than looking for the font...

Other than that, look through customer's websites first for downloadable pdfs