Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A "how to" question

Discussion in 'Gerber Omega, Graphix Advantage & MacImprint' started by fastcut, Jun 10, 2008.

1. fastcut

fastcut Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Morning all...
    Is there a way in Omega 2.5 to have the text follow the curves exactly of an oval? I usually just use the distort feature but it's not working well for this particular oval :banghead:.

Tags:
  2. GoodPeopleFlags

GoodPeopleFlags Very Active Member

Try "Fit Text To Path" under Tools

3. Neon RTG

Neon RTG Member

Aug 1, 2007
    United States
    Draw the oval then select the oval and the text, then go to Fit Text to Path

4. fastcut

fastcut Member

Jan 16, 2008
    OH...I know I've tried that before and it froze up my computer! I think I was doing something like not selecting the oval as well OR trying to do it when I already had the words distorted!

THANKS GUYS!

5. theskipman_98

theskipman_98 Member

May 14, 2007
    Thanks this helped me too... going back to correct one of my designs now!

6. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    if you are putting text inside an oval, draw the oval then put an inline on the oval. do the inline the height of the letter plus the size of the margin you want. do the fit test to path on the outside of the inline oval, then delete the inline and it will look better than doing a fit to path to the real oval and trying to drop it into the shape.