• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

a lill help on illustrator cs2

signguy27

i can do this on flexi but i am a newbie to illustrator and cant figure it out. ok. i have a truck template up and i build a graphic on a differnt layer. how do i wrap this graphic on the template. thanks for any help i get im kinda stuck.lol.

iSign

If I understand correctly, the two main tips that I think might help is to mask a larger graphic to only show within the perimeter of the vehicle outline (minus front windows and some door handles etc) ...and to give the graphic some transparency to allow a little of the vehicle detail or 3D qualities to show through from the template.

For masking, create a vector path defining the space to be wrapped on the vehicle. If that contour (or compound contour) is on the same layer as a graphic (which would be easiest if the graphic were a flattened rastor image for this process) & then selecting both, you would go to the object menu, choose "clipping mask", and then choose "Make".

Then to add transparency, just select the graphic, pull down the 'windows' menu, choose "show Transparency" and slider the "opacity" slider to whatever looks good.

GK

i can do this on flexi but i am a newbie to illustrator and cant figure it out. ok. i have a truck template up and i build a graphic on a differnt layer. how do i wrap this graphic on the template. thanks for any help i get im kinda stuck.lol.

create 2 layers -- one for the artwork, and one for the template. Double click the layer with the template and allow the layer properties to show up, check the template box. Create a clipping mask of that layer so it hides all the edges that bleed to the outside of the vehicles lines. Now on the layer below it (artwork layer) you can place all your design elements.