• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A little advice??

Curly

Morning,

We bought a plotter to use here at the shop to cut stencils etc. A little later we were doing decals and a few banners. A few months back it started missing while cutting but not all the time. Just enough to drive you insane. Give you an example, you cut happy birthday and it might miss the lower left portion of the t or maybe half the inside of one of the p's or maybe nothing at all. Your just always in suspense. Cut something while someones waiting and that happens. You look real smart!!!!

H E L P!!!!!

Thanks,

Tom

webguru

:Welcome::popcorn:
Morning,

We bought a plotter to use here at the shop to cut stencils etc. A little later we were doing decals and a few banners. A few months back it started missing while cutting but not all the time. Just enough to drive you insane. Give you an example, you cut happy birthday and it might miss the lower left portion of the t or maybe half the inside of one of the p's or maybe nothing at all. Your just always in suspense. Cut something while someones waiting and that happens. You look real smart!!!!

H E L P!!!!!

Thanks,

Tom

signpro

Manager
make sure the machine is good and clean, blade is at the proper height setting, new blade. and that all drivers are up to date in your computer for your system. those are some easy things to start with that are often overlooked.

511graphix

LOL I started reading this and reached over and took off my blade holder and cleaned it out. haha...
is the cutting strip in good shape? I am being lazy so I adjusted my blade depths a little.presto no more bad cuts. ( but its only a temp fix)

BobM

Welcome from Cape Cod. Check the cut strip, blade holder and cutting pressure. Clean the pinch and drive rollers with a toothbrush. Good luck.

S

Sign-Man Signs

LOL I started reading this and reached over and took off my blade holder and cleaned it out. haha...
is the cutting strip in good shape? I am being lazy so I adjusted my blade depths a little.presto no more bad cuts. ( but its only a temp fix)

DITTO. Welcome to Signs101.

Curly

Thanks,

Wow, bunch of great people here!! Thanks for all the input. Guess I should have had brains enough to list the equipment. It’s a Vinyl Express Qe60+. Most of the advice has been tried. The new cutting strip I am trying to get. They seem to be out of stock. It has a small nick in it but until I replace I'll not know. It is just driving me NUTS!!! It worked well for a long time and then boom this happens. I probably cut 10 decals a week on this thing so it should still be almost new in twenty years. If I had confidence in the machine I would begin taking to the events and make decals, maybe some money too!!!! Wahoo!

511graphix

I thought that too. I've had mine to a horse show and 3 car shows. did everything from the end side of a U-haul LOL. but my baby don't go anywhere now it set's 2"s away from the desk. and only rolls out about 4 ft if I am doing a long run. if you do plan on going to shows. and traveling. buy another cutter and leave the best one at home! and keep a good maintenance on it. B/C travel is bad for some.