• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A little banner help maybe?

nickelartistic

Hi All -
I have a customer who is looking for a pretty large number of banners so printing them is out, but unfortunately they need a fairly tough to find background color for the banner - process blue or cyan. We've done these for them in the past - but the supplier we got the material from no longer carries it. Anyone know of a place I can get either 10,13 or 14 oz. process blue banner material. For the Avery users a match to Olympic blue would work. If my screener has to do a full flood coat reverse on white material its really going to screw with my pricing. Thanks for any help in advance. Cheers.

nickelartistic

printing is out primarily because of cost, time and quality issues. All of the pricing is based on what they have received in the past. If this was a new job I would have a lot more options, unfortunately they are looking for a matching product. But I appreciate the recommendation.

TheSellOut

I hope its not one of those emails: "Hi my name is Jason and i am looking to get 100 3' x 8' banners with the phrase "Jesus Help Us All". "By the way do you accept credit cards?"

TheSnowman

I hope you are joking. The fact that it's a large number of banners, and you think that printing them would cost MORE? Are you like...giving these away and not charging for your time? It's the ONLY way to go.

N2Harpz

LOL ... I hope you are joking. Better get CASH in hand first.

PS.. print them. It will save hours of time.

nickelartistic

yes - of course I am joking. Second, I am not doing these in cut vinyl, I'm having them screen printed as opposed to digitally printing them. I get a VERY good price on my screen printing. I've been doing this for a very long time and I'm aware of where my pricing sits for the various applications. In this particular case, in order for me to make the proper return on my investment, and match the work that I've PREVIOUSLY done for the customer (I thought having stated that in the other posts would have made it pretty obvious that I wasn't dealing with one of the e-mail scammers) screen printing is the way to go. I really do appreciate the suggestions, but my original question is not how should I do these banners, but does anyone know where I can find Process blue banner material? Its possible that the vinyl banner producers have given up and no longer produce it in this color, but I thought I would check with the collective experience of the forum. Thanks again in advance.

well if this is a legitimate project. i would educate the client and do the project the correct way sometimes it is necessary to step up and not let the client dictate the production methodology as long as you are supplying them with a product that meets their requirements and specifications. i would definitely be in contact wtih merritt as previously mentioned, they've seen and done just about all of it...

but i'm scratching my head after the last few posts...if this is for real. educate your client and give them a quality product. if they will not listen to reason...charge them accordingly (and give them a separate price for the project done in the manner you prescribe) from my experience at that point they will go with your recommendation.

if this is a fraudulent order well....well at least they didnt get you hook line and sinker..you are only researching production and havent spent any money yet....i hope.

posted at the same time as you. the only place that i know of that MIGHT have process blue (and then it would have to match your samples) would be Seattle Textile but you can not simply call them up and order you will need to find a reseller (most likely a banner screenprinter) unless you are going to need $10K or so worth of unhemmed rolls of banner material, last time i checked that was their minimum order.

N2Harpz

LOL ... now that makes more sense. ( sorry I misunderstood ) I'll start checking my suppliers for the material. Maybe I can find something.

nickelartistic

thanks N2 - sorry if my details were hazy at first. I'm starting to think the manufacturers are giving up to color printers. Remember when you would get banner swatch books with something like 40 colors? Now you're lucky if you can get 6. lol

thanks N2 - sorry if my details were hazy at first. I'm starting to think the manufacturers are giving up to color printers. Remember when you would get banner swatch books with something like 40 colors? Now you're lucky if you can get 6. lol

that is absolutely what is happening. 20yrs ago when i would go to the actual manufacturing companies of raw banner material the color choices covered a broad spectrum; last time i visited an actual manufacturing company there was less than 20 colors offered. times have changed...demands have changed.

TheSellOut

It's starting with cut vinyl as well...a year or two ago I use to be able to get any color that I was looking for the next day or the day after! You can still find the colors, it just might be a week before you get it!