• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A little Corel Macro From Estevan, Sask

jessew1987

Hi, I just got a job at Stellar Signs in Estevan, Saskatchewan doing graphic design and operating the printer. My dad owns a sign shop (SignRite, he's a member here) and so I worked for him through my teens. I learnt alot about graphic design and the sign industry from him. I've been working here for about two weeks and loving it. I hope to learn more from the pros here and contribute what I can. I've made some simple macros in corel that someone might find useful. Here's one simple one. It's a one button toggle between Enhanced with overprints and Wireframe mode:

Sub view_E_W()

If ActiveWindow.ActiveView.Type = cdrEnhancedViewWithOverprints Then
ActiveWindow.ActiveView.Type = cdrSimpleWireframeView
Else
ActiveWindow.ActiveView.Type = cdrEnhancedViewWithOverprints
End If

End Sub

I found myself switching back and forth so much that it became annoying, so I made this macro to make things a bit easier.

Hope someone can use it!

Jesse

Last edited by a moderator:

Bigdawg

Just Me
Hi Jesse... I am going to move this post over to the Corel forum so others will see your macro... if you want to you can post another hello in the newbie forum :smile:

Just would like more people to see and take advantage of your generousity :thumb:

R08

Use this one ALL the time!
Actually i thought this one was my idea :ROFLMAO:

anyways... Does everybody know how to install these?

Steve C.

Hi Jesse, :Welcome:

Isn't that the same as the Toggle View button?
tools>options>commands>view>toggle view....
or Shift+F9.

Service Sign Co

Hi Jesse, :Welcome:

Isn't that the same as the Toggle View button?
tools>options>commands>view>toggle view....
or Shift+F9.

I had the 2 icons for wireframe & enhanced view, the 1 toggle view is much better.I had to view wireframe from the menu before it would work.

In other words, it toggles between your last 2 menu selections.

Buy the welcome Jessee, it's nice to have a dad in the sign biz to learn from.

jessew1987

Remembering back. I think it was your idea dad (SignRite). My bad haha. I didn't know about Shift-F9. Good call Steve. I guess it switches back to and forth from the current view to the last used view. So I guess this program isn't really necessary.

PSG

How to Install and Use a Macro

For those who do not know how to install and use macros, here is a link to a Flash Tutorial and page numbering macro showing you what you need to know.

It is from Jeff Harrison of http://www.MacroMonster.comMacroMonster and Graphics Unleashed (unleash.com) and about a bazillion other CorelDraw related sites and Products. Great Stuff!!!!!

If you don't know about macros or the many user sites and tutorials out there check it out.

Last edited:

Steve C.

I didn't know about Shift-F9. Good call Steve. I guess it switches back to and forth from the current view to the last used view. So I guess this program isn't really necessary.

I guess we've both learned something. I never knew about macros...:thumb:

BTW. I gave the sequence worng for installing the toggle view button.
It should be tools>options>customization>commands>view>toggle view.
drag and drop the button on you tool bar.

There are a lot of useful buttons available here.

R08

So whatever happened to the export script ?

Did it get put on the back burner ?

Sorry rep:
Jesse was laid off from his job and looking for work (I was too slow to give him anything meaningful). He suddenly got this job offer so things did get on the back burner.

Hey Jesse... I promised Replicator I'd let him beta test the export script.
He uses different export filters and I haven't gotten around to changing it.
So do you think you can take over? :U Rock:
I'll PM you the details.