• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A little font help please!

rcook99

I thought it was sport or collegiate but not it. Any Help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
RC

Attachments

• Girls Font.pdf
    566.6 KB · Views: 122

Vinylman

This is about as close as I could find given the original artwork.:banghead:

Attachments

• Girls-Font-revised.jpg
    Girls-Font-revised.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 70

rcook99

LMAO, Let me try it again.

OK Try the link in the original post. That should work much better. Although I do like the font you found for me. LOL

rcook99

That's not it, if you notice the bottom right leg of the "R" goes out at a 45. Also the bottom right corner of the "G" is at a 90 not a 45.

Thanks for trying.

Vinylman

Are you needing to replicate the lettering? OR set new copy in a similar or exact match type face?

IF replicating a quick fix with your drawing program on the areas you mentioned seems the quick fix for this project.

rcook99

Was looking to replicate the exact font. This is for a customer who wants a replica of the original.

Thanks,
RC

Vinylman

Only it's not the same font.

The difference IS, the original artwork as presented is over condensed. NOT the way it was designed to be used. IF the originator was using the font correctly it would NEVER be condensed that much.

BUT, thank you for helping with your own suggestion as to what would be the appropriate font to use.:notworthy:

S'N'S

The difference IS, the original artwork as presented is over condensed. NOT the way it was designed to be used. IF the originator was using the font correctly it would NEVER be condensed that much.

BUT, thank you for helping with your own suggestion as to what would be the appropriate font to use.:notworthy:

Maybe I should have explained that I came up with the same font (Princeton and Princet) but didn't match and it didn't matter how I stretched them. Removing the inner made it "look" close but side by side they're not a match, so left it to someone else who might know what it is.

Attachments

• Girls.jpg
    Girls.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 68

Vinylman

My apologies to s'ns

Maybe I should have explained that I came up with the same font (Princeton and Princet) but didn't match and it didn't matter how I stretched them. Removing the inner made it "look" close but side by side they're not a match, so left it to someone else who might know what it is.

After reviewing your latest post I think you have a reasonable good match. If using Illustrator, or another graphic program you could take the "purple" example and do an "INLINE" on the text, and perhaps get an exact match. If it where me, by now, I would show the client your example and say "here Ya Go" thT WILL BE $75.00 Thank You.

And YES I would definitely CHARGE for the work involved to hunt down the type face and produce the clients request.

S'NS, you done GOOD:thumb::pops_blinking:

rcook99

You guys all done well! LOL Princeton was right on the Money and I appreciate everyone that was willing to lend a hand. That is the reason I enjoy being a part of this forum.

:thankyou: