Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little help from the other iPhone owners.

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by TheSnowman, Sep 23, 2010.

1. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    I just got my iPhone this week, but I just now noticed this little "circle" "processing" thing going on next to my wifi bars, and it seems that my response from within some of my apps got slower. My question is...is that thing spinning meaning it's pulling data from the tower now instead of my wifi? I want to figure out how to make sure it's only doing wifi, since it's so much faster, and not getting into my data plan as well. Anyone know for sure?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. stickygraphics12

stickygraphics12 Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Columbia, PA
    That will do that anytime data is being transferred, wifi, 3G, or edge. It should only do it when you are on the Internet or downloading something.

3. KetchikanSignpro

KetchikanSignpro Member

Sep 24, 2009
    as long as your connected to wifi your data plan will not be used, this excludes MMS and other service side functions. power cycle your phone by holding the top and bottom button until it turn off and the apple comes back on screen this will hopefully fix your lag issues.

4. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    It could have just been my imagination. It's loading this page here quickly as my desktop. Man I love this phone!