• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A little mystery.

parkedcar

So while eating my lunch today i decided to troll around a few sites.
I frequent college humor for their funny videos. So i'm on their page and i see a small picture of a pizza and think to myself, "i know that picture, i used it in a flyer once".
Screen shot 2011-03-07 at 3.35.21 PM.png
Then i notice it said free pizza, so i think to myself..."weird, thats what i used it for and i used the same colors"
Nothing original, but suddenly it hits me...
Its clipped directly from my flyer.
Now how the heck did that end up there???
That image has never been on my site or facebook, and i only ever posted a pic of it here to show differences in print from 2 companies...
That was this pic
LE.jpg

A quick search on google yielded to source for college humor, a food blog from california. I'm in NJ...
I'm not worried because the image is from istock, and its just type, but it was obviously from my file. I just can't figure out how it got online.

WrapperX

Well here is still the internet.

I've done google searches for things I've posted on here to see if there's other areas out there in the WWW that I'm not aware of. And what do you know - my post shows up as one of the listed options. Maybe this picture is now featured under Google for Free Pizza or Pizza or any number of possible attachments these pictures my house. You never know.

parkedcar

Yeah i hear you, but the image i uploaded here is not where they got the image on the site. Thats obviously from my file, which has never been online.

WrapperX

For instance - Google "free pizza" and look at the images that pop up. The FREE PIZZA text and the exact picture of that pizza is in the top row. How it got there Idk - its not even linked to the College Humor website you originally mentioned.

WrapperX

The obvious solution to your mystery is that you must have a mole in your operation there in NJ, secretly distributing your photos to the internet. :omg2:

Pat Whatley

Yeah, well one of you is obviously to blame.....

or somebody used the company who did your printing for a FREE PIZZA printing job they needed. They let the printing company do the layout work. The printing company designer said "This company is in California, the other guy is in New Jersey....I'll use his header, nobody will ever know the difference."

MikePro

out of curiousity, i google-image'd "free pizza" and it pop'd up as result #5... and not from the website you referred either!
google makes the whole world a LOT smaller

parkedcar

"or somebody used the company who did your printing for a FREE PIZZA printing job they needed. They let the printing company do the layout work. The printing company designer said "This company is in California, the other guy is in New Jersey....I'll use his header, nobody will ever know the difference."

I think you nailed it! And that was my suspicion too.

I know its on google and i emailed the blog that it was linked too.
I'm just curious because it was very bizarre to see it on collegehumor.

GRPrint printed the first set and i used 4over on a second set.
Thats pretty crappy if one of them is using their customers artwork for their own jobs...

buttons

I think you nailed it! And that was my suspicion too.

I know its on google and i emailed the blog that it was linked too.
I'm just curious because it was very bizarre to see it on collegehumor.

GRPrint printed the first set and i used 4over on a second set.
Thats pretty crappy if one of them is using their customers artwork for their own jobs...

this could be a completely off the wall idea....

is it possible that your customer posted it somewhere??

parkedcar

Mikey,
Thats was the point of the post that originally contained that pic. To show how different the exact same file was printed by the 2 companies.