• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A little problem with a pan face

wmshuman

I had a customer order a custom printed pan face. I was told the measurements were 48"x96" so I ordered the pans at that size and printed the graphics, installed them and sent them on their way. Well it turns out that they bought a very used custom box sign for $50 and just needed to replace the pans. Can't pass a deal like that up. The problem is that the old pan faces are actually 48.25"x96.25". The length is not really a problem but the height is. Just barely wants to fall out. Does anyone know of some type of track system that can be installed in the box to get the 48"x96" pan faces to fit snugly or maybe a trick to getting the faces to fit without a track system? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

SAS

You could try making some metal spacers to sit in the bottom track to pick the face up.

wmshuman

That's actually the plan. I just wondered if there was already something out there made specifically for problems like this? Thanks for your help though.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If it's 3/16" pan faces, just weld-on#16 a 1/4" wedge to the bottom and it should be fine. If you want, do it to one of the sides, also.