• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A little rebranding.... Thoughts

D2S

I have been in business for close 6 years now and have really had an increase in sales in certain areas, with that said I am working on rebranding my current logo make slight changes to make it a little more standing above the rest as some might say. I have attached my new brand in the form of a sign, business card and some t shirts looking for some feedback from the wonderful people at signs101

Attachments

• Black.jpg
    Black.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 66
  • blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 58
  • newideafront.jpg
    newideafront.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 57
  • newideaback.jpg
    newideaback.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 4x8sign.png
    4x8sign.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 61

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
After so many years of suggesting design ideas... I throw in the towel... NO MAS!

(I had permission to post this)

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
'Amateurish' is too kind. Hideous is a far more accurate descriptor. It looks like the result of a collaborative project done by the remedial class at an institution for the typographically insane.

artbot

rebranding is a great idea but, respectfully, the logos aren't ready for prime time. a logo for a company that "does graphics" has to be smoking hot, slick, simple, clean. it has to be ultimate.

SignManiac

Phone number is huge. Not necessary to overpower your attempt at a logo. Try coming up with twenty different black and white variations of a new logo and then let's have a look at your efforts.

Dennis422

OK, lets see.................... ufffff...............uffff............................hm............hhhmmmmmm........... .... ... .. . . .
Where to start????

"to" is blending together with the rhomb, change the fonts of d2s, "d" is overpowering the "s" on the other side, change the fonts of d2s, rhomb border is to thin, it looks weak, change the fonts of d2s, rhomb has really weird connection to the word "to", it seams that angles are just not working right, change the fonts of d2s, change the fonts of d2s, add some dimension to the logo........

I believe that the more people will chime in.

Good luck

Pat Whatley

You really need to start over on the logo. It doesn't flow very well and the font choices are dated, at best.

You've been designing a long time since you created the original logo....it's time to put that knowledge and experience to work and create a nice, solid icon and logo for yourself. Once you get that nailed down you can start working on rebranding with it.

screener24242

I may be off on my own here, but I see this type of post all the time. I say go with it. Here's why. This is YOUR shop, this is your best work, you are proud of it, this displays the type of work your shop puts out. If you feel this is top notch, then run it. After 6 years in business and this is what you are most happy producing, good for you! When you make a sign/logo/shirt/widget for your company. It has to be the BEST you can do, you want people to look at it and say, damn! I want THAT!

As for my worthless opinion, I think enough has been said. My competition has "logos" similar to this and I thank them for it.

Marlene

I may be off on my own here, but I see this type of post all the time. I say go with it. Here's why. This is YOUR shop, this is your best work, you are proud of it, this displays the type of work your shop puts out. If you feel this is top notch, then run it. After 6 years in business and this is what you are most happy producing, good for you! When you make a sign/logo/shirt/widget for your company. It has to be the BEST you can do, you want people to look at it and say, damn! I want THAT!

As for my worthless opinion, I think enough has been said. My competition has "logos" similar to this and I thank them for it.​

you got that right! I too thanks the competition for great work like this

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, your presentation is very good. Your color combination is also good. The subject matter, well, it could be better, but if that's all ya got, perhaps that's all ya need.

I would try a few other avenues and stick to black & white til you find one that really strikes your fancy. If you're so inclined, bring it back here for some more reviews.

Many here might sound harsh, but it comes with the territory of being in the business and expecting a designer to do top notch each and every time. We all have bad ones slip through, but you might want to listen to the message here [not the tone] and try to raise your own logo above the rest.

Heck, for the most part, we don't even have a logo and we've been in business for 42 years. It's not always about a strong graphical/typeface/element logo, but more about getting a good reputation people will know when they hear your name or see it written. Sure, it's always nice to have some whimsical picture or some funny element in combination so the minds eye can relate, but it's not always necessary. We've always had an owl associated with our name and people know when they see the owl..... any owl along side.... it's us. Don't beat yourself up and gear up more towards your craft and selling yourself, rather than some goofy picture or clever optical illusion.

D2S

I want to take a moment and thank you all for looking at the thread. I guess when I said rebranding I was a bit off, I really meant sprucing up my existing logo and how it might look on some of the different layouts.

Based off some of the comments I will have decide if its worth exploring a completely new option instead of just the redesign.

For those who provided proper feedback thank you!
For those who just added to their post count, thanks as well I didn't expect any less from you.
And for those that I can help them earn a little more money because of my logo I am glad, I want us all to be successful.

Back to the drawing board, and deciding which direction I am going in.

Jillbeans

At a quick look, there is wayyy too much emphasis on both the numeral 2 as well as the "to".
I agree with starting afresh.
Maybe something stacked, with Designs on the top and 2 Signs on the bottom.
About the only thing I do like are your colors.
Phone number should not be in the logo, especially one as difficult to decipher.
Love....Jill

GB2

Old Member
I want to take a moment and thank you all for looking at the thread. I guess when I said rebranding I was a bit off, I really meant sprucing up my existing logo and how it might look on some of the different layouts.

Based off some of the comments I will have decide if its worth exploring a completely new option instead of just the redesign.

For those who provided proper feedback thank you!
For those who just added to their post count, thanks as well I didn't expect any less from you.
And for those that I can help them earn a little more money because of my logo I am glad, I want us all to be successful.

Back to the drawing board, and deciding which direction I am going in.

I think that was a very dignified reply to a rough crowd response on your first effort in this thread. I hope you continue to pursue this and it turns out to be a great success in the end!