• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A new place to call home

tsgstl

Hello community
My name is Brian McClenahan
I have been in the sign business since 1995 and been on my own now for almost 10 years. My shop is The Sign Guy (very original I know but I'm not trying to impress signmakers) My website is www.tsgstl.com
We have a small family business with just me and my wife and whatever other fam member I talk into helping when needed. I don't want to be huge just provide for my family.
I hope to contribute here as much as possible and I actually admin a v-forum so everything is very familiar.

Our shop is just outside of St. Louis

My hobbies are drag racing, skateboarding (yes I'm 38 and still play with kid toys) and raising my 2 in a half year old.

Mosh

Welcome. At 39 I still roll out my Christian Hosoi board once in a while. I also skate an original Mullens Bones freestyle board on the street. The kids think it is awsome when I bust is out.

Kevin-shopVOX

Welcome from Maine and SignVOX . I turn 38 Friday and still skate [URL=""http://ryeairfield.com/landing.html]here[/URL] at least once a week. It has the best wooden clover bowl I've ever skated in my life.

tsgstl

Wow thanks everyone, what a welcome.

Mosh, way to keep it old school! Unfortunately about 7 years ago I broke my last old school board (H-Street Jason Rodgers) so now I skate posical sticks. I have a buddy in Canada that bought a bunch of old freestyle decks and does his own thing, so cool.

Kevin, that airfield looks amazing!! I did some searching on youtube and saw those indoor concrete bowls. WOW we have a pretty nice outdoor park with a few concrete bowls that is our place of choice, but this time of year we have to skate a indoor park with a small mini and a decent 6' spine ramp. There are several over 30 groups here that get together regularly and try not to get to sore. Your very lucky to have such a nice indoor park to skate. Although it looks like you have to avoid a lot of scooters haha a trend that luckily has not cought on to much here.

Here are a few boards I have made. Its suprising how many customers not even in the skating world want these to hang on their walls in thelr man caves. I just print on regular vinyl and get $10 blanks from ebay. Some have complained about the decals coming off but mostly they get mounted to a wall. I sell them for about $50 more if I have to do a bunch of computer work.

Here is a link of me skating with all my old friends
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnAr0VFA2Dw

once again thanks for the warm welcome fellas

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 73
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg