• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A plot test we all can use...please help.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
After royally losing my tail on a few jobs this year, I’ve been working on a solution to help us quickly evaluate future projects. Looking back, it basically boils down to my somewhat cavalier and quick response of “...Yeah, we can do that...” that has been cause of our trouble.

I don’t seem to say “NO” often enough…or early enough.

Below, I’ve spelled out the acronym “PLOT”. It’s an easy word to remember, and I’m looking for additional criteria that begins with each letter…perhaps I’ve missed something.

I’m not looking to make this any more difficult to remember...or apply.

P-Profitability: Will this job be profitable?

L-Logistics: Do we have the physical and technical resources to effectively manage, produce and deliver the desired outcomes for this project?

O-Objectives: Why are we doing this job? Will it help us further the business objectives we have
established?

T- Time & Trouble: Do we have the time to complete this job? Is it worth the trouble?

JB

Last edited:

bernie

PLOT ... I like this!

Looking over the jobs this year - I also need to remember to ask myself these questions.

Bernie

visual800

Kudos sir. Great word. After years in biz you will learn the wonderful word NO! We do not rush jobs anymore unless I have the money up front and materials in stock.

always remember the more excited and rabid the client is the more likely they wont be easy to get along with once you agree to do job