• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A Question of Ethics.....

Baz

Sorry to the OP for going off topic with this.

Yeah i saw it Gino. If you hear the whole story though ... The "victim" who was cut off by this guy followed him aggressively ... His wife was screaming and egging him on .. With kids in the backseat!!
Then in a dead end street, tried to block him. That's when the guy came out with the chainsaw.

Both parties involved were nuts!

truckgraphics

Logo in Public Domain

That was my first impression also, but I've been put to rights with links to the Marine Corp licensing agency. Although, I won't recall what's already been printed. I think he has already dipped onto his motorcycle.

From Wikipedia:

Public domain from a copyright standpoint, but other restrictions apply. No person may, except with the written permission of the Secretary of the Navy, use or imitate the seal, emblem, name, or initials of the United States Marine Corps in connection with any promotion, goods, services, or commercial activity in a manner reasonably tending to suggest that such use is approved, endorsed, or authorized by the Marine Corps or any other component of the Department of Defense. Use of this seal may be related to content found in
MCO 5030.3B Unofficial Use of the Seal, Emblem, Names or Initial of the Marine Corps.

So, you can use the seal as long as it doesn't imply an endorsement by the Marines.

studebaker

Deluded Artist

From Wikipedia:

Public domain from a copyright standpoint, but other restrictions apply. No person may, except with the written permission of the Secretary of the Navy, use or imitate the seal, emblem, name, or initials of the United States Marine Corps in connection with any promotion, goods, services, or commercial activity in a manner reasonably tending to suggest that such use is approved, endorsed, or authorized by the Marine Corps or any other component of the Department of Defense. Use of this seal may be related to content found in
MCO 5030.3B Unofficial Use of the Seal, Emblem, Names or Initial of the Marine Corps.

So, you can use the seal as long as it doesn't imply an endorsement by the Marines.

WOW! Thank you for that research, it is extremely helpful. Now I know how to proceed.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
As a business practice, I wouldn't want my
clients shopping my other customers design.

In this case I would ask my original client or
design another pattern similar.

studebaker

Deluded Artist
As a business practice, I wouldn't want my
clients shopping my other customers design.

In this case I would ask my original client or
design another pattern similar.

That answer describes why I asked the question! I did tell Customer #2 that he would have to get a different design on his Hydrographic film order.