• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A rat in my own maze?

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Out the door, down to the corner store, through the door, hang a right at the last aisle, open the cooler and grab a cold Pepsi...yep...I feel like a rat in my own maze. Nothing major...just one a day, but it's now time to lay that habit to rest.

Tomorrow, I'm not going to run the rat race. I need you all to keep me accountable.

JB

OlsonSigns601

Good luck

I had the discussion with my wife today about giving it up but its a little to stressful right now. Perhaps when she gets a job we can talk again.

Are you going cold turkey no caffine?

James Burke

Good luck

I had the discussion with my wife today about giving it up but its a little to stressful right now. Perhaps when she gets a job we can talk again.

Are you going cold turkey no caffine?

I was doing well with 100% no caffeine for a long time, but somehow got the urge for a sip of pop...then coffee...then I fell off the wagon.

It really is amazing how much better you feel without it.

JB

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Fred will have to lock this thread asap.
The worship of the holy bean is gospel to many.
I follow the One.

wayne k
guam usa

Good luck, but know there will always be a fresh pot waiting when you return to the fold.

Attachments

• Juan-Valdez.jpg
    Juan-Valdez.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 82

Si Allen

Duhhh ... a small refrigerator in your shop will solve the rat maze!

Why give up something that you enjoy?

SignosaurusRex

No Caffeine? :omg: Sacrilege!
To hell with the sugar and especially the artificial sweeteners, but not the bean!
Coffee...It's whats for breakfast!

Jillbeans

You know, when I was a kid living at home I used to love to drink Pepsi.
I got married at 19 and moved out, and then I couldn't afford Pepsi (or even cheap generic nasty pop) so I just gave it up.
I ended up not even missing it.
Fast forward 30 years.
Now that I have my "real" job there is always pop in the cooler, and we are allowed to have a free drink.
So about once a week I drink a can of Pepsi.
It's really not that great, it burns my guts like acid, and it makes my teeth feel grungy.
So I'll give it up again.
Love....Jill

Sign-Man Signs

Being a new diabetic, I had to give up Cokes. My doctor turned me on to Monster Energy drinks. Yup, believe it or not a doctor did this to me. OK, really, I drink a Monster Energy drink called Rehab. Ir's lemonade flavored drink with only 10 calories and 3 carbs. Keeps me going all day. Actually good for you with all the vitamins. Most of their drinks are low cal and low carb. I do have a Coke every now and then but I really didn't realize how sweet they are. Huh, black can with yellow label. Don't drink more than one a day unless you don't want to sleep. They don't give you the hee-bee- jibies either.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
drinking one Pepsi per day is the equivalent of slurping down almost 14 teaspoons of sugar - or, in this case, high fructose corn syrup. You're also scarfing down significant amounts of phosphoric acid, caffeine, citric acid and natural flavor

soda or pop as we call it is horrible for you, but leave my coffee alone!!!

James Burke

Ok...I think I'd better be a bit more rational....I think I'll only cut out the Pepsi for this week and lean pretty hard on the coffee due to the heavy work load.

McDonald's makes a pretty mean mocha, and I absolutely love 'em...plus those nifty little stickers on the medium and large sizes are redeemable for a freebie after five glorious cups of motivation.

I'd better handle this situation one addiction at a time.

JB

ChicagoGraphics

Back in the 90s I was a diet CokeOholic at least a 12 pak a day and the most I ever had in one day was 22 cans. Then I decided to give it up but I craved it and even had withdrawls from it but then started to drink St. Croix water just for the fizzy part of it, then switched to plain bottle water and been diet coke free and all sodas/pop for 12 years now.

TheSnowman

Don't mess w/ my dew. I only have one or two a day, and I'm sure it's too many...but if I die early cause of it...it was worth it.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
Duhhh ... a small refrigerator in your shop will solve the rat maze!

Why give up something that you enjoy?

That will compound the problem. At least if you're slipping out to the corner store, you're getting a modicum of exercise...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Old Paint had mentioned a Soda Making machine he got recently, so I got one for my wife for her birthday a few weeks ago. It doesn't cost much and it carbonates just about anything for a fraction of the cost. My favorite is squeezing lemons and a few limes into a concentrate.... adding some agave to it and then hitting it with the soda maker and its a wonderful drink..... with no anything in it bad for ya.

sodastream-jet-black.jpg

agave.JPG

signswi

Coffee is way, way better for you. I stick to "two" cups of black coffee a day (aka one travel mug in the morning) as recommended by my heart doctor. Sugar is the enemy, caffeine is more like a good friend you just shouldn't hang out too much with or you get bad ideas.

ellsmako

I only use Pepsi and Coke as a cleaning agent, works wonders on burn pots, brass, rust stains, bugs guts on windshields ( requires rinsing )
discoloration on linolium when the dog has an accident.