• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help A Real Newbemost likely dumb question.

Joe K2DS

I've was just given a Mutoh VJ628 a Roland GS24 and a Knight K20s but no software at all.
My son wants to start a t-shirt business. I see everyone talking about Corel Draw but what other software do I need to get started. Can I print directly from CD to the VJ628 and cut from the GS24 from it too?
I Know DUMB QUESTION!!!
Thanks for reading this..

kcollinsdesign

Old member
The t-shirt business is incredibly over-saturated, especially with young, hip designers trying to make a go of it with original designs. If your son does not already know how he wants to create his art, and what software to use, I would advise selling the equipment and starting with a drop shipping company like Printify and using online resources, marketing with a webpage. He will be one of tens of thousands of young kids doing the same thing, but it may lead to bigger things, at which point informed decisions could be made about financing a brick and mortar shop, hiring employees, and buying equipment.