Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help A Real Newbemost likely dumb question.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Joe K2DS, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Joe K2DS

Joe K2DS New Member

Dec 27, 2018
    Land O Lakes, Florida
    I've was just given a Mutoh VJ628 a Roland GS24 and a Knight K20s but no software at all.
    My son wants to start a t-shirt business. I see everyone talking about Corel Draw but what other software do I need to get started. Can I print directly from CD to the VJ628 and cut from the GS24 from it too?
    I Know DUMB QUESTION!!!
    Thanks for reading this..

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    How old and what does you son do presently ??

3. Joe K2DS

Joe K2DS New Member

Dec 27, 2018
    Land O Lakes, Florida
    19 and works at a car dealership.

4. kcollinsdesign

kcollinsdesign Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Normal, Illinois
    The t-shirt business is incredibly over-saturated, especially with young, hip designers trying to make a go of it with original designs. If your son does not already know how he wants to create his art, and what software to use, I would advise selling the equipment and starting with a drop shipping company like Printify and using online resources, marketing with a webpage. He will be one of tens of thousands of young kids doing the same thing, but it may lead to bigger things, at which point informed decisions could be made about financing a brick and mortar shop, hiring employees, and buying equipment.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1