• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

A smooth mistral/staccato

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I run across this all the time. Look at the attached sample. This is a Mistral/Staccato font but the letters are much smoother. Not the first time I've run across it.

Does anyone know of a version that looks like this? My 2 versions and the ones shown at myfonts appear much bumpier

Attachments

• stair.jpg
    stair.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 143

Malkin

I wonder if that's the Gerber version of Mistral. I will check tomorrow if you haven't figured it out by then.

iSign

casmate had a weird way of dealing with fonts, like some folders full of fonts only casmate could read...

...but when scanvec bought amiable & decided to discontinue development of casmate, in favor of continuing Flexi, they offered a great "crossgrade" price to casmate users, like me...

...so, in the decision making process i verified that not only would Flexi open all my casmate files, they also assured me that Flexi would come with ALL the casmate fonts, in a more standard format like TTF (or type 1? ..I'm not sure which) that would be installed in the system's font folder, accessible to all programs, unlike casmates old methods...

..so, if the casmate version really does the trick for Eric, besides a vector version from redline (& I think we all agree no "intellectual property" rights would apply to that any more) ...maybe someone could look at their flexi fonts as well to determine if a .ttf version may be available to purchase somehow?

iSign

since you mentioned "not the first time", I figured maybe it wouldn't be the last so I thought it would be worth my attempts to help dig for "the rest of the story"

...and remember, the DMCA (digital millennium copyright act) made special provisions for lifting copyright protection against abandoned products like Casmate, who's fonts were all part & parcel with the now-unprotected software... so a vector copy of that is as fair game to us, as rounding off the edges to make it fair for them ever was...

Colin

I still use Scanvec Inspire 1.6, and this is what it looks like for me:

Attachments

• Stacatto.jpg
    Stacatto.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 155

Malkin

For future reference, it appears that the Gerber version of Mistral is also smooth, like in the sample in the OP. At least mine is anyway.